Why Do I Have Trouble Coloring Ss Embellishments Black Or White?

Pab

Why do I have trouble coloring SS embellishments black or white? I can get them any other color generally but when I have the color chips set to black and white and I want one of those colors, they always turn out wrong. Black and white either one changes into a light burgundyish color when I use the hue/saturation method. Which is the method I use most the time to color SS products. Then if I move the sliders to far to get either color they lose the detail they have. Any idea? Thanks...

I use "Levels" to get black or white. Click the little half white half black circle at the bottom of your layers palette. Take the middle top slider to the right for darker and left for lighter. Some time I also use the top right slider..move left to get a brighter white. Or if you are going for black..move the top left to the right for a darker mix. Hope this helps you. It's a good question and took me some time myself to figure out in the beginning.

This is also useful to use when coloring ScrapSimple Products. I almost always add the levels above the SS product, then I add add the color on top and clip it all the the item or use hue saturation like you do. That way you can get a lighter or darker version of the color without always having to re pick it from the color palette.

Thanks ladies I tried both ways and they both work so much better than the Hue/saturation option. Though with your way Missy I had to change the colored layer to the overlay blending mode to keep the detail. If not it was just shaped like whatever the item is but with no detail.

I use "Levels" to get black or white. Click the little half white half black circle at the bottom of your layers palette. Take the middle top slider to the right for darker and left for lighter. Some time I also use the top right slider..move left to get a brighter white. Or if you are going for black..move the top left to the right for a darker mix. Hope this helps you. It's a good question and took me some time myself to figure out in the beginning.

This is also useful to use when coloring ScrapSimple Products. I almost always add the levels above the SS product, then I add add the color on top and clip it all the the item or use hue saturation like you do. That way you can get a lighter or darker version of the color without always having to re pick it from the color palette.

I've just started learning about Levels and using those adjustment layers...I'll have to try with with SS products. Thanks for the tip Brandy!

Brandy, you are just awesome! Every day i learn tons and tons of more information, pretty soon my head is going to get full of this stuff and i will not remember my name! Hugs....Nissy....see i told you i would start forgetting. LOL!

:hit-head-with-hammer:

LOL..thanks ladies. It's not an exact science though it does help. Yes always change the blending mode on the color..for that matter you can play with the blending mode of the levels palette too..who knows what you will come up with. Sometimes those accidents result in great things..have fun!!

Archived