2 replies to this topic

#1 NanaB99

NanaB99

Good Scrapper

• Creative Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 01:14 PM

I hate to keep bothering everyone, and I'm sure this is addressed here somewhere, but I seem to have a hard time narrowing search results down!

I just got the EHI_SSAlpha_Tmplt_Stitched. I'm brand new with these alphas and have a couple of questions. I did read the instructions that came with them, but can't get it through my head. I want to take a section of several letters and color them all at the same time with the same color - ie the fabric swatch - I want to color the swatch behind the a and the c and the d etc all at the same time with pink. There MUST be a way to do this!

I opened a new file and dragged all the letters I wanted to use in my title over to this page. I used the psd files and had to do every layer of every letter, one at a time, which was very time consuming, not to mention confusing to make sure I got the right section of the right letter.

There has to be a quicker way???!!! btw, use pse6 on vista.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 BarbaraC1977

BarbaraC1977

Organizational Diva -- loves to play with supplies!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,378 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 02:51 PM

If your two files are not MAXIMIZED, you can select ALL the layers for a PSD file and drag them at the same time, which also keeps them in the correct stacking order.

You can duplicate your Hue & Saturation layer and drag the duplicates above each letter's layer to be colored. Or you can save the HSL adjustment as described in another post: http://scrapgirls.co...=&fromsearch=1.

You can also merge the "coloration" layer after you've positioned the letters and sized them, and just color the one layer. Hope this helps!

gallery_17172_358_42296.png
Scrap10-Blinkie.gif  SGblinkie.gif  SG_BB_LoveThis.png  BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif
Scrapper | Wife | Mother | Friend | Soprano | Traveler
Rotarian | CEO, Auction Systems
| Recovering Perfectionist

#3 NanaB99

NanaB99

Good Scrapper

• Creative Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 05:29 PM

Light bulb moment here! Merge the layers before coloring!!! This will make things a lot easier and quicker! As I said before, you are one smart cookie! Thanks, Barbara.

Bobbi
Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users