Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NanaB99

Alpa Templates?

3 posts in this topic

I hate to keep bothering everyone, and I'm sure this is addressed here somewhere, but I seem to have a hard time narrowing search results down!

I just got the EHI_SSAlpha_Tmplt_Stitched. I'm brand new with these alphas and have a couple of questions. I did read the instructions that came with them, but can't get it through my head. I want to take a section of several letters and color them all at the same time with the same color - ie the fabric swatch - I want to color the swatch behind the a and the c and the d etc all at the same time with pink. There MUST be a way to do this!

I opened a new file and dragged all the letters I wanted to use in my title over to this page. I used the psd files and had to do every layer of every letter, one at a time, which was very time consuming, not to mention confusing to make sure I got the right section of the right letter.

There has to be a quicker way???!!! btw, use pse6 on vista.

If your two files are not MAXIMIZED, you can select ALL the layers for a PSD file and drag them at the same time, which also keeps them in the correct stacking order.

You can duplicate your Hue & Saturation layer and drag the duplicates above each letter's layer to be colored. Or you can save the HSL adjustment as described in another post: http://scrapgirls.com.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=47424&view=&hl=&fromsearch=1.

You can also merge the "coloration" layer after you've positioned the letters and sized them, and just color the one layer. Hope this helps!

Light bulb moment here! Merge the layers before coloring!!! This will make things a lot easier and quicker! As I said before, you are one smart cookie! Thanks, Barbara.

Bobbi