Share Your Cs5 Tips Here

Shari PV Mom

Do you have CS5? I just got it a couple of weeks ago and haven't had time to learn how to do any of the new tricks and techniques. I've pretty much been using it the same as CS3 so far. Except for the new Adjustment Palette (which I like a lot but still trying to figure out) I just don't know the new stuff. So I thought it would be fun for all of us who have the newest version to share what we've learned so we can all learn it too. What do you think? Who wants to go first???? :D

Not much to share, but I will be watching this thread closely! I have CS5, but the only new thing I've tried out so far is the Content Aware feature, and I didn't even read any instructions on that, I just messed around til I got it to work! ;)

I have the free trial CS5 Extended and have only played around in it a couple of times. The one thing that I do 'love' is how you add your styles. No more copying and pasting and then opening up the software and hoping that the style was added. Just go into your styles palette with CS5 open, click on the down arrow, choose add styles, up pops the styles on your pc, choose one and voila it's in your styles palette. WOW! Now that is what I call easy, peasy.

I've had it for a while, and I have to admit I haven't delved into the new features as much as I should have. The content aware feature is worth the price of the upgrade. I'll be following this thread to see what others have to say, and maybe I'll think of something else to add.

I have the free trial CS5 Extended and have only played around in it a couple of times. The one thing that I do 'love' is how you add your styles. No more copying and pasting and then opening up the software and hoping that the style was added. Just go into your styles palette with CS5 open, click on the down arrow, choose add styles, up pops the styles on your pc, choose one and voila it's in your styles palette. WOW! Now that is what I call easy, peasy.

I like the styles part too, Carol - it is so much more user friendly. I'm still playing with mine - I still sometimes go back to my 4 which I loved - but am trying really hard to play around with CS5 more often than not.

Archived