Fun Friday: Game With Lots Of Prizes!

ScrapGirlsRo

It's August. It's Friday. What do you say we have a little fun?

On July 18th, I smashed up my cute, little, yellow Mini Cooper while backing out of the driveway. The car is almost fixed now, but I won't be repaired for some time. (I have a lingering concussion.)

After a couple of weeks of sitting around the house, I'm getting pretty bored and wish I could do something strange and unusual this weekend. But since I have to stay fairly quiet, I'm in a jam.

This morning, I started to think about my problem again. How could I have fun without making my concussion worse?

I thought and thought and thought and thought about it. And then - after I had thought some more - I got an idea: "Why don't I start game on the Scrap Girls messageboard", I thought, "and let people do something strange and unusual to me?"

We're going to have FOUR (4) winners this time. All of the four winners will receive a $20 gift certificate to the Scrap Girls Boutique! Everyone who plays will receive a $2.00 gift certificate to the Scrap Girls Boutique!

1. Random drawing winner from all entries

2. Most original

3. Funniest

4. Best overall

Here are the rules:

1. Enter before midnight, Monday, August 9th (Mountain Daylight Time)

2. One entry per person.

PHOTO TO USE FOR GAME

3. Download the photo of the nutty person (me) from this post.

A.Double-click on it to bring up the full-size image. It is huge and will cover your window.

B. Right-click on the large image and choose Save-As (Firefox), Save Picture As (IE), or Save Image As (Chrome). (If you double-click on the thumbnail, you'll download the thumbnail. So make sure you bring up the large image first.)

C. Save it to your computer.

D. Hit your browser's back button to return to this post.)

4. Do something strange and unusual to the photo. (Scrap it, alter it, paste it, fry it, boil it, float it, burn it, drive it, fly it, drop it, eat it...) The only limit is your imagination. (Keep the results G-rated - appropriate for all audiences.)

5. Post your entry as a comment to this topic.You may post a photo, a layout, a scan, or a YouTube video you made of your unusual fun or strangeness. Here's how:

Make sure you are using the Add a Reply option.

---------

To attach photos or layouts to your comment:

- Size the photo or layout no larger than 600 pix wide by 72 dpi.

- Using the Attachments dialogue below, browse to the image location on your computer.

- Hit the Attach This File button. When it is uploaded, you'll see it listed in the Attachments dialogue.

- Click on the Add to Post link, located at the far-right side of the image.

To attach YouTube video you made in your comment:

- Upload your video to YouTube.

- Copy the video's PAGE LINK (found at the top of the browser).

- Click on the Insert Media icon on the far-right side of the posting options. (It's the little icon that looks like three tiny photos with frames are stacked on top of each other - blue, pink, and green). If you hover over the icon it says, "Insert Media".)

- A little dialogue will appear. Insert the page link of your YouTube video. Then click on the Insert Media button.

Winners will be announced in the forum on Tuesday, August 10th. Of course, we'll send out the prizes for everyone via email so make sure your forum account's email address is correct!

(P.S. Forgive any errors I've made. People with concussions are not perfect editors.)

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like a fun game, Ro, but I am not sure I can make you look weird or funny or change your beautiful face - but i will give it a try - just know that whatever I do is not what I really see.

Guest Cottage

HI Ro!

Hope you get feelin better Real Soon!! This game sounds fun, not sure what I'll do yet though!

Oh my Ro, you are so very brave!

Very original idea too. There are so many creative and talented people here that the results will be amazing! I'll need to tighten up my thinking cap for this one, thanks for the game :)

I must be blind!! All I see are the regular ones that I know have been here. They are the Emoticons, Insert Link, Insert Image, Insert email address, Insert quotation, insert code snippet, insert Media. Where am I missing it?! Does it have a little pic beside it I may recognize?

This sure sounds like fun to me. Hope you are feeling better and will be back among us full time real soon.

I'll see what I can come up with to change your face in the photo.

Is this thread where we sign-up for the game?

It sounds like a fun challenge Ro and what a sense of humour you have to do something like this. This is one challenge that I don't want to miss out on! Thank you! :-)

Archived