Fun Friday: Game With Lots Of Prizes!

ScrapGirlsRo

You gals are so creative; it's been a lot of fun to watch this thread and see what you come up with. Good luck to you all!

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am so discouraged because neither Firefox, my usual browser, nor IE works for me to download the original photo. Like AnnBK said, I can only download the entire webpage.

I've never been able to download things from threads at Scrapgirls. I can download lots of other things, so it makes no sense. :(

Here's my result of playing around with Ro's picture. First, I cut Ro out of the picture. Then I ran Paint Daubs and Diffuse Glow distortion filters. Next, I rotated the layer 90 degrees and copied it three times, so I had a total of four layers. I lowered the opacity of the 4 layers to 50% and then merged them. I ran a Twirl filter. I copied that layer two times and reduced the layer opacities to 50%. Then I flipped one layer vertical and one layer horizontal. I merged the layers again. Then I ran a Zig Zag distortion filter. That's the first image. To get the second image, I took the 4 quadrants of the first image and re-ordered them to place the 4 outer corners in the center of the image. I was trying to come up with an interesting funky background paper. It was a lot of fun making something pretty out of the silly picture! Thanks Ro, for relieving some of my boredom today!

I am so discouraged because neither Firefox, my usual browser, nor IE works for me to download the original photo. Like AnnBK said, I can only download the entire webpage.

I've never been able to download things from threads at Scrapgirls. I can download lots of other things, so it makes no sense. :(

I'm using Google Chrome with Win7 and I just click once on the image. After it expands, I right click and save as to the folder that I'm going to work in. I hope this works for you. :-)

It still doesn't work in Firefox. I got the photo through IE though, and for other things like the color challenges and sketch challenges I don't really have to download. For color challenges, I've learned to use the eyedropper tool outside of PSE. (Just hold down the shift key after clicking the eyedropper inside PSE.)

Hi Heather,

Did you right-click on the image? Once the big one pops up, right-click on it and then choose the Save As (or Save Image) option. This lets you download it to your computer. The option to download won't appear automatically. You need to right-click to get the menu.

okay, you reeled me in, Ro! This is my first-time ever, ever, ever to the message board! I want to play!!!!!!! I have some ideas already! I'll post soon.

Thanks for keeping me entertained while my daughter is in Boston for TWO WHOLE weeks with her daddy! I was sure I would go insane, and then I saw your email message and this game. This should entertain me for a while tonight!

For some reason I kept thinking of George of the Jungle and came up with this! roflol Don't ask why, because I don't know.

There are some awesome submissions! Great work everyone and so much fun! :-)

Archived