Fun Friday: Game With Lots Of Prizes!

ScrapGirlsRo

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here you go Ro. I enhanced your photo with a kaleidoscope plug-in in PhotoShop. Hope you're feeling better! In case you can't read the quote on this smaller version here it is: Do your little bit of good where you are; It's those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world. - Bishop Desmond Tutu

Hi, Ro and everybody! This is my first entry to a ScrapGirl's contest. I've just recently returned to digital scrapping after being away from all of my favorite websites since Spring 2007 when my MS did a rapid progression which was complicated by other health problems. I'm still dealing with the after effects, but at last I'm able to return to scrapping. I'm also beginning to have enough energy to interact with friends again, so I thought I'd try my hand on this contest ... hmm, maybe I should say I thought I'd try my computer on this contest? Either way, here's what I did: First, I cropped the photograph of Ro and then I tried several different effects before finally settling on the emboss filter. (Ro, be glad I went with the embossing because the first filter I tried was a distortion, and it was REALLY BAD! LOL!)After embossing the photo, I then scrapped it. I hope I did everything correctly, but I have to admit that I don't know much about changing the dpi, so I probably didn't do that correctly. Now let's see if I can figure out how to attach it to this post. Wish me luck! By the way, it's great to be back.

Journaling & Word Art:

I’m giving you a HELMET to protect that precious head!

Wear while driving!

Since I’m from Tennessee, you get a “Big Orange” football helmet from UT.

Flower color adjusted to better coordinate – we ARE girls, after all

Used PSE6

Well I couldn't think of what to do in the beginning, so I tried licking it.

Then I tried boiling it, dropping it, pasting it and finally eating it.

Eureka!!

That was the key to my inspiration!

Of course I had to come back and get another copy of the photo to work with, but here is what I came up with.

This was fun.

Thanks for the challenge.

Janet

Ro came to Colorado and toured around. She came to an auction with me, came to my house, went to the lake and camping. She got to visit Great Sand Dunes, and even got to do a hot air balloon ride! We had so much fun I had to do a full double-spread layout. What a visit!

I had to post mine in the Staycation gallery--too much fun!

Archived