Font Organizers

jkjundt

I have decided that I need a font organization tool. I had a free tool named "The Font Thing" that worked pretty good. Before I reinstall that one I'd like to see if there are any better options out there. Ideally, I'd like a free tool but if there was a small cost, I may consider it. Do you use a font organizer and if so, would you recommend it?

Guest faerywings

total font-a-holic here too. In fact I just was browsing through some old book marks and found a site I used to snag free fonts from and there were so many new ones!!

DO you use ACDSee Photo Manager at all? If you do, you can tag and view fonts, even ones that are not installed on your machine.

I have my uninstalled fonts on my EHD with the rest of my scrap supplies. I have them in a main folder called "Fonts" (duh ;) ) and then I have them in Sub Folders: Handwriting, Typewriter, Billboard, Script, Girlie and so on. Holidays I have Sub-sub folders for Halloween and Christmas.

When I need to use an uninstalled font I select the font(s) I want to use, click on Tools> Database>Rebuild Thumbnails and Metadata. Then I open my editing software and the fonts are loaded in and ready to go.

For some more info and better instructions:

Using Uninstalled Fonts in your editor

Change the sample text of your font

Fonts: How can I view them?

Archived