I Just Got Lightroom 2

countrydi

I bought Lightroom 2....never opened, on ebay for a great price. I got it today!! I have heard of Katherines presets.

I am clueless as to how to use it, but so many on SG love lightroom, so when I could get even the older model, I jumped on it. I also bought the book (haven't gotten it yet though)

"Teach Yourself VISUALLY Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 2 by Lynette Kent"

What I was wondering is:

1) Do we have any ebooks on Lightroom at SG?

2) I don't have alot of money left now to splurge on presets so what are some "Must Haves"????

TIA

• 2 months later...

I have Lightroom 2.0 and I love it! It's amazing what this software can do with pictures. I'm still learning. There are so many great features. I also want to download Lightroom 3.0 - the trial version to see how it compares to 2.0.

I have LR 2.0 and LOVE it!

To be honest, I've had LR since the first version came out, but rarely used it.

My darling husband gave me 2.0 when it was released, but I just started using it on a regular basis...

I don't have any LO's to post, but I have a bunch of photos from our recent Rhodes-trip on my Facebook-profile.

I edited all of them in LR2.0 and I think I got some fab results!

Presets are fun, fun, fun and I have several.

I think Becca's suggestion about Katherine's B&W-set is a very good suggestion!

The B&W's are the one I find hardest to do myself and I love the help from presets!

Congrats on your purchase Di. All the photos in my LOs are processed in Lightroom. I use it all the time. There are some easy fixes which make an incredible effect on the image. I am of no help as for presets because I do a lot myself. The B&W suggestion is a good one though. Like Thess says B&W is the most difficult to get good results. Have fun with it!

Archived