Chalk Talk Font

Peachy

I just purchased the chalk talk font. I want to create a kindergarten layout. My font doesn't look like chalk or crayon. Mine looked too solid a color. How do I get it to look more like chalk or crayon? I hope this makes sense! I tried the opacity?? help!

It should. Perhaps your font size is too small. But if you'd like an exaggerated crayon/chalk look to your journaling, you might try applying a style. Here are a few that might work. I've listed the scrap packs for the most versatility and value, but they can be purchased individually as well:

Styles Pack: Freehand Coloring - Super Biggie

Styles Pack: Freehand Coloring 2 Biggie

Peachy, I don't have that font, so I'm guessing... One option is to apply the "Stamped" styles by Shalae Tippetts to the lettering after it's typed. Here are the links to those styles:

ScrapSimple Tools - Styles: Stamped - Blues 4902 - Biggie

ScrapSimple Tools - Styles: Stamped - Greens 4902 - Biggie

ScrapSimple Tools - Styles: Stamped - Yellows 4902 - Biggie

ScrapSimple Tools - Styles: Stamped - Neutrals 4902 - Biggie

ScrapSimple Tools - Styles: Stamped - Reds 4902 - Biggie

It would be nice if there was a nice mixed set of "chalk colors;" there may be another style that's a better choice. If this doesn't seem like a good solution, you probably should contact Angie in customer service, hello@scrapgirls.com, to see what options you have. Hope this helps!

Hi Peachy, I hope we can figure this out for you! This font has bits "missing" from it as if you were writing on a rough surface with chalk, or crayon on watercolor paper. It's those missing bits or negative spaces that mimic the look of chalk or a rough surface. The way the font works is that the bits or black stuff that make up the letterforms isn't transparent like chalk is. When a font is created, it has to have black shapes to create the letterforms. It's just the nature of fonts, if you will. But you can change that in Photoshop! You can achieve a translucent look.

You might want to try a larger size, like 150pt to 200, especially if you are using it for a title. It makes those rough areas show up better. Then to make it more transparent, try using a blending mode that will show the background through it. I think it works great with Overlay or Soft Light. You can also try changing the level of fill or opacity.

I hope that helps! :)

It should. Perhaps your font size is too small. But if you'd like an exaggerated crayon/chalk look to your journaling, you might try applying a style. Here are a few that might work. I've listed the scrap packs for the most versatility and value, but they can be purchased individually as well:

Styles Pack: Freehand Coloring - Super Biggie

Styles Pack: Freehand Coloring 2 Biggie

Thanks, I will have to check into the styles.

Hi Peachy, I hope we can figure this out for you! This font has bits "missing" from it as if you were writing on a rough surface with chalk, or crayon on watercolor paper. It's those missing bits or negative spaces that mimic the look of chalk or a rough surface. The way the font works is that the bits or black stuff that make up the letterforms isn't transparent like chalk is. When a font is created, it has to have black shapes to create the letterforms. It's just the nature of fonts, if you will. But you can change that in Photoshop! You can achieve a translucent look.

You might want to try a larger size, like 150pt to 200, especially if you are using it for a title. It makes those rough areas show up better. Then to make it more transparent, try using a blending mode that will show the background through it. I think it works great with Overlay or Soft Light. You can also try changing the level of fill or opacity.

I hope that helps! :)

Thank you very much,that is what I want is a more translucent look. I have PSE5 can I accomplish that with this software?

Archived