Calling All Missouri / Midwest Scrap Girls!

tiza126

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I will stay Friday and Saturday night. Love the monkey group shot idea...havn't been to the botanical gardens since gradeschoo1! So, how many is going at this point? Roll call please, lol.

Yeah, I will stay Friday and Saturday night. Love the monkey group shot idea...havn't been to the botanical gardens since gradeschoo1! So, how many is going at this point? Roll call please, lol.

So far: Me, you, Conda, Sandi, and Pat. Angie will hopefully be joining us too, unless her plans change. And I think Danna said she could join us on Saturday. Maybe Cheri too?

I was thinking about crashing your party - I actually priced airfare to St. Louis and it's reasonably affordable. I don't think I can get the weekend off work though because my partner will be gone that week. It sounds like fun! A photo walk at the zoo would be a lot of fun. And I could probably get you all in WITH the monkeys! Hah!

Amy you are welcome to join the party - no crashing necessary! If anything changes that you can get off that weekend, come on out! (Things worked out for Sandi to join us, so maybe they will for you too.) We'd love to have you join us! :)

I was thinking about crashing your party - I actually priced airfare to St. Louis and it's reasonably affordable. I don't think I can get the weekend off work though because my partner will be gone that week. It sounds like fun! A photo walk at the zoo would be a lot of fun. And I could probably get you all in WITH the monkeys! Hah!

That would be so awesome if you could make it Amy!! (I'm with Tiza, no crashing necessary!!) Maybe somehow it can work out for you!!

So, maybe we can do the zoo Saturday and the Garden Sunday?? Or we could even do them both Saturday maybe? Just thought maybe we should break it up a bit...what's everyone think?

The Zoo is open from 9am-5pm. It has free admission (except for special areas and the train), but you pay for parking ($11/car) unless you are lucky to find a spot on the street. Carpooling over from breakfast at the hotel would be best. We can stay as long or as little as people want. We can figure out the best places for photo ops.

Botanical Gardens are open 9am-5pm. Has free parking, with $8 admission for adults. The Japanese Gardens and the Climatron are always beautiful. Plus with this warm spell we are having, there is a good chance the flowers will still think it's summer by September. I'll be going to the Gardens the weekend of Sept 4-6, so I will scout it out for you.

It would be a LOT of walking to try and do both in one day.

Oh Amy, if you could come it would be icing on the cake. so excited about the monkeys! LOL.

Still not sure yet if I can make it Friday night, but will work on that tomorrow, I think I can do it. If so, will be there as early Friday as possible. If not I'll leave really early Saturday morning, about 5:30 or so, so I can be there by 9. I think zoo on Sat morning, scrap in the afternoon and after dinner for a bit, and Botanical gardens Sunday if folks don't have to leave right away. I'll need to hit the road by 2:30 Sunday so I can be back for work Sunday night I think.

Still not sure yet if I can make it Friday night, but will work on that tomorrow, I think I can do it. If so, will be there as early Friday as possible. If not I'll leave really early Saturday morning, about 5:30 or so, so I can be there by 9. I think zoo on Sat morning, scrap in the afternoon and after dinner for a bit, and Botanical gardens Sunday if folks don't have to leave right away. I'll need to hit the road by 2:30 Sunday so I can be back for work Sunday night I think.

Sounds like a great plan to me!

I need to figure out when I can take my recertification exam (required every 6 years), check DH's schedule, and then find out when the carpool would leave from whoever's house. Unless DH can take off the afternoon on Friday, I'd need to find a friend or in-laws to watch boys so I could head out from here on Friday at the appropriate time. Oh I SO hope this works! If I'm able to come I'd love a roomie too, but will have to leave that wishy-washy for now;)

Amy that would be so cool to have you come from far away! The more the merrier in my book!

Oh Amy, please, please, please! It would be so fun to see you again. The more the merrier! I understand your work committments though.

I probably will need two nights lodging.

Cheri, I took a look at the map and it would be a fair bit out of my way to come pick you up before meeting up with Conda or Angie, but I could probably manage it if you want to do that.

Sounds like a great plan to me!

Sounds perfect to me!! Now that we have a basic schedule....we can finalize everything else!! Woo hoo!

I need to figure out when I can take my recertification exam (required every 6 years), check DH's schedule, and then find out when the carpool would leave from whoever's house. Unless DH can take off the afternoon on Friday, I'd need to find a friend or in-laws to watch boys so I could head out from here on Friday at the appropriate time. Oh I SO hope this works! If I'm able to come I'd love a roomie too, but will have to leave that wishy-washy for now;)

Amy that would be so cool to have you come from far away! The more the merrier in my book!

I can be flexible! Once we get to Angie's (if that's where we meet to leave cars) it will take us about 4 hours to get to STL, depending on where exactly we are going in STL, just to give you an idea.

I figure I'll meet you and Pat at the interstate exit and then you can follow me to Angie's! :D I know the way!

Oh Amy, please, please, please! It would be so fun to see you again. The more the merrier! I understand your work committments though.

Cheri, I took a look at the map and it would be a fair bit out of my way to come pick you up before meeting up with Conda or Angie, but I could probably manage it if you want to do that.

Pat, I think that's too far out of your way, and I'm good to drive clear to the KC area to meet up with you, Conda, and Angie. DH is fairly certain he'd be able to take the afternoon off with this much notice, but if not, as a last resort, I could drive the 2 little boys to SW Iowa. My parents live about an hour from Omaha about 10 minutes south of I-80. I can almost certainly find a friend for my 7yo to spend a couple-3 hours with after he gets out of school. So I could meet up with you in Omaha area after dropping little boys off in SW Iowa. I don't think it'll come to that though.

I'll schedule my recert exam in the next couple days so I'll know when that is, and then I should be good and clear on knowing for sure! Anyone tentatively want me as a roomie? :) Amy, you are trying to come...do you need a tentative roomie who is also not quite sure of schedules yet? lol

Ooooh, I'm all excited!

Pat, I think that's too far out of your way, and I'm good to drive clear to the KC area to meet up with you, Conda, and Angie. DH is fairly certain he'd be able to take the afternoon off with this much notice, but if not, as a last resort, I could drive the 2 little boys to SW Iowa. My parents live about an hour from Omaha about 10 minutes south of I-80. I can almost certainly find a friend for my 7yo to spend a couple-3 hours with after he gets out of school. So I could meet up with you in Omaha area after dropping little boys off in SW Iowa. I don't think it'll come to that though.

I'll schedule my recert exam in the next couple days so I'll know when that is, and then I should be good and clear on knowing for sure! Anyone tentatively want me as a roomie? :) Amy, you are trying to come...do you need a tentative roomie who is also not quite sure of schedules yet? lol

Ooooh, I'm all excited!

I need a roomie of Amy doesn't...

Sounds like things are coming together. Let's hope things keep progressing in the right direction. Woohoo!!! I'm excited too. We had some much fun in KC last time. I'm sure we'll have just as much, if not more, fun in St. Louis!

So far I have everything planned to go, unless something happens around here. But Gary is in town on Friday, so he can be here for the boys. And he works in KC on Saturday, so my boys and their dog can go to my moms for the day (they always do this on Saturday anyway) and he'll be home that night for our other dog..so right now it's a go for me.

You all are welcome to leave your cars here. We live at the end of a street...we can either figure out where you can park on the streets around here, or we can make room next to our house. Either way there's room here.

Ooh..I can't wait. Amy it would be great if you could make it out!

There are 3 hotels within about a mile from the Zoo: Drury Inn, Holiday Inn, and Hampton Inn. The Holiday Inn is the oldest of the three, but also the cheapest. Hampton Inn and Drury Inn are a little newer and nicer, so price is a little higher.

Let's pick the hotel, so we can be sure to get reservations. I've had good luck at hampton's in other places. If we're rooming together would the cost be doable for everyone? If not, I'm fine with the holiday inn. I'm getting so excited. Amy, fingers crossed. Cheri, I'm hoping the recert exam doesn't conflict. I always hate those things. I'm due in 2012. I'm so excited! I simply cannot wait.

Archived