Embossing W/out Stamps?

Gen

I want to do some hybrid cards and I think Embossing would look great, but I don't want to use stamps. I was hoping to go over my virtual brushwork instead. I did embossing years ago, in a school craft club, but we just used the stamps and it's been awhile. I know you can get 'embossig pens' which I imagine would do something similar, but I was hoping to avoid buying MORE. Especially in light of my recent Scrapgirls shopping spree :P.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Years ago I read about a technique where you spread the embossing powder on the still-damp ink from an ink jet printer. That may have been when all anyone did was text, though, as it would cover everything. I never tried it.

I've done it with vellum. Actually I did it as a paper scrapper when I printed on vellum and it wouldn't dry fast enough. So I just sprinkled some embossing powder on it and pulled out my heat gun. It worked really well, I just had to be careful to keep my distance with the heat gun or I could warp the vellum. :)

• 10 months later...

At JoAnn's ETC I found a product that looks like a magic marker called "Inkadinkado - Embossing Pen Stylo". It has a tip on each end - one is a 1.0 mm fine tip, the other a 3.5 mm dauber type tip. I like it because you hold it like a pencil (or regular marker) and have good hand control for tracing whatever lettering or brush work you are using on your card. It has a blue tint to it so you can see where you've marked. You then use the embossing powder and heat gun as normal. I have used it on a few cards and atc's and it works great!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I want to do some hybrid cards and I think Embossing would look great, but I don't want to use stamps. I was hoping to go over my virtual brushwork instead. I did embossing years ago, in a school craft club, but we just used the stamps and it's been awhile. I know you can get 'embossig pens' which I imagine would do something similar, but I was hoping to avoid buying MORE. Especially in light of my recent Scrapgirls shopping spree :P/>.

Thanks

Versa Mark makes a felt tip pen too. Works great

Archived