What is your favorite camera?

Guest JenniaHart

Guest JenniaHart
I know many of us have more than one camera. What is your favorite camera and why?

My favorite is my Nikon Pronea. It is an SLR but has point and shoot capabilities also. I mainly use the point and shoot settings and DH uses the SLR functions. I get so many more GOOD pictures since buying this camera. It has probably paid for itseld in saved developing fees over the last few years!!

I have an Olympus Camedia D-390 which is one of the lower end point and shoot digital cameras. It does a good job but I'd love to get a Nikon digital one of these days!

I can't pick one! Each of them serves a different purpose for me, plus, I'm a confirmed camera junkie!

My two main cameras are my Canon Elan7 and the Canon DigiRebel. They each have aspects that make me reach for one or the other, depending on what I want to shoot.
I'm not one who has "gone digital and never looked back." I still rely on my film camera for lots of situations, including my recent trip to Australia.

I have my old Canon Rebel and a SeaLife underwater dive camera. These are my combat cameras. The underwater is only point and shoot, but I can take it places I don't want to bring the others, meaning any pictures are better than none at all. These are the ones that go canoeing, kayaking, cross country skiing and dogsledding.

For fun, I have a Holga. What, you ask, is that? Holgas are really crappy, cheap cameras made in China that have this whole cult following. The photos you get are weird, with light leaks and edge distortion and they are GREAT for shooting weird things, like the big dinosaurs made of old car parts on the side of the highway here! On some Holga sites, people have actually used only that to shoot foreign trips. I'm not that brave, but I did shoot some when I was in the British Isles last year with it.

Guest faithfulscrapper
I love my Canon digital Rebel - in fact dh has to pry it from my hands to use it sometimes! I have found that I really love photography once I got the camera.

Guest rhapsdy
I absolutly LOVE my Nikon D70 (digital slr) for my professional work!!! Totally worth the investment and can't imagine not using digital for my work.

For day to day point and shoot, carry in my purse camera I use a Kodak DC7630 or a DX6490. I'm a kodak point and shoot girl. :) Absolutly LOVE their out of camera colors and their printer dock!!!

-Kelly

I have Sony CyberShot 5 meg digital camera. It's not the best camera out there and shutter lag drives me bonkers sometimes, but it's good for my purposes. the Macro setting has produced some lovely shots I never would have gotten with my Olympus P&S film camera.

• 4 weeks later...
We purchased our daughter a Canon DigiRebel this last Christmas and it is going to be very difficult to send her off to college next fall with it! I absolutely love it!!! Mom is going to definitely have to find something else for herself. *Ü*

Guest Jadedolphin
I love my Fuji M603 digital camera. It's small, and has a macro feature and a 5 sec video clip facility which when done takes a photo as well, so you get the action leading up to the photo, it also has normal video and sound functions.

I have really been wanting a new "professional quality" camera and the DigiRebel is really getting my attention. How is the learning curve on this one?

Jen :cowboy:

I'm a Nikon D70 fan as well, just got it this last June and LOVE it!
I started with the Nikon Coolpix point & shoot styles (and still use my 4500 for quick snapshots as it's always with me), and the quality was so good, that I just had to stick with Nikon when I bought my Digital SLR.

Jeri

My dh uses a Panasoic Lumix DMC-FZ10. He has gotten some really good shots with the 12X optical zoom and he loves the built in image stabilizer. I use the Sony Cyber-shot and that works for me. Photography is not my strong point :rolleyes: . I'm the one who cuts of body parts hee hee! :wacko: I would love to take a photography class!

• 1 month later...
I have several cameras for various uses. I much prefer SLR to the point and shoots. I had one for awhile when the boys were small for purposes of portability, and I *hated* the photos I was getting!

So now I use my Canon Digital Rebel and Canon Elan7. Yeah, I'm a camera junkie!
Those are just my main ones at the moment. I have three more that get pulled out for various reasons.

• 5 months later...
Guest mcfrog
I am one of those who went digi and only occasionally goes back! I have a Fuji Finepix and on the whole I am loving it. The SLR only comes out for action shots as the digi can't seem to keep up.

K

Guest darklighter
I have been a Nikon fan for a while and have a large SLR which I rarely use anymore. I have the Nikon SLR APS camera and love it. It is lite and takes great pics, plus I can use all my Nikon lens with it. Recently though I wanted something I could just put in my purse and always have with me. I bought the new Sony P200. I adore it and use it almost exclusively now..... Small enough for my pocket, but take great pictures!!!!!

Guest motobarbie
[font="Arial"][color="purple"]I love my Minolta SLR. I have a digital that cost an arm and a leg but I think the quality from my SLR is much better and cleaner. In fact I love my SLR so much I just recently purchased the newest version of my camera so I could have an updated one yet still be able to use all my cool lenses.[/color][/font]

Guest triciadoll
I love my Nikon Coolpix 5200. It's a great camera, takes wonderful pictures and slips right into my purse. LOVE IT!

• 1 month later...
Guest EJay
i like my digital camera it is not that expensive and it takes really good pics its just a concord and no it is not as small as a concord grape haha

• 2 weeks later...

Archived