Extractnow

Becca

I've been using ExtractNow for awhile now to unzip my SG downloads. If you haven't tried it, you should! It's this free utility that unzips more than one at a time.

So this morning, I'm unzipping lots of goodies and this alarm goes off! :wobbly-eyes: It sounded a lot like a fire alarm from a school or something. I had no clue what happened, but it made me jump. (It was a little after 6am, mind you!) My kids thought my laptop was about to explode. It was kinda funny!

Know what it was? LOL... apparently when ExtractNow runs into a file it has a problem with it sets off this alarm. :toot:

So just in case you're a ExtractNow user and you've never come across this nifty little feature (in over a year, it's never happened to me), you've been warned. ^_^

I probably would have thrown something at my laptop thinking it was the alarm clock! :throw:

LOL! I've had the alarm go off when opening files and it made me jump because I wasn't sure what it was.

LOL - thanks for the warning! I've probably had that alarm before, because my ExtractNow has run into the stray problem file. Normally though, I do keep my volume turned down - I do jump out of my chair when I run across a website with music or I'm in a chat and someone sends a sound. So maybe I've just never heard it!

Thanks for the giggle, Becca! :giggle_bear:

Usually the alarm goes off if ExtractNow tries to unzip a file that has the same file name as something already in the folder. For this reason I always have it unzip into a new folder for each product.

It has scared the heck out of dh when my volume is up too high!

Yes the first time it happened to me I also jumped thinking OMG what is wrong with my computer. But then you get use to it. I think a small beep would be nicer of course. Ha ha, but I am anal about things being to loud, go figure with six kids....

LOL! I must have never had the sound on when using ExtractNow, thank goodness:)

A program I just detest the noises from is Quicken. I am the treasurer for my son's preschool and it is the software they chose a few years ago. I have to have the sound off for it b/c it just makes the cheesiest noises.

Archived