Optical Illusion Frames

Guest jemmia

Guest jemmia
i have seen a couple of layouts now with what seems to me an optical illusion where half the picture is hanging out front of frame. what i want to know is how do you do that. searched through boutique but cant find anything and tried searching for layouts again but all to no avail. can someone tell me how to do this or where abouts in the boutique they are :disappearing-smilie:

Guest jemmia
:blondmoment: i think i realised my bloop and have pondered if maybe these frames came from another site which is why no one has answered me lol
if i have blooped then i apolagize didnt mean to promote other sites on board just automatically presumed they were from here or were another technique i had yet to learn :disappearing-smilie:

I think it is just a style question if I am understanding you. I think you do that kind of effect with your photograph. Have you done any extractions from a photograph. If you know how to do that then basically what you do is extract the image that you want to "hang over" the edge, but keep it on the origional image, then you put the frame on the origional image (smaller so it looks like the extracted part is going out of the frame). Then you crop the origional image to the frame. Let me see if I can find an example for you, it is a striking effect.

Well, I can't find it, I am sure I have done a LO like that. Anyway, I think it is just the extraction technique I mentioned above. I have done quite a few of the extraction LOs, this one I will link I cut him out and put him over the background and title. So he is kind of over the edge of the paper part. (It is not even the best extraction, LOL! ) But you can see what I am thinking.

[url="http://scrapgirls.com.ipbhost.com/index.php?act=module&module=gallery&cmd=si&img=3936"]http://scrapgirls.com.ipbhost.com/index.ph...si&img=3936[/url]

Is that what you are trying to do?

Archived