Switch From Mac To Pc?

Nutmeg

Has anybody switched from a Mac to a PC? I absolutely love my Mac, but I need to get a new laptop in a few months and for money reasons, it needs to be a PC. I'm nervous about it because the only computers I've used all my life are Macs. DH (a computer engineer) picked out a Vaio he said would be perfect for me, so I'm trying to get excited about it. The only programs I'll have to buy are Office and Photoshop, and I can get those at the student discount if I do it this year, so that's not a big worry.

Can anybody tell me how their switch went and help me get excited about it?

I suppose it's a matter of what you are comfortable with. I have had Macs forever, and now have a PC laptop...I use it for e-mail, a sort of back up portable system. I have PSE 8 on it and scrap on it only when I'm desperate. Once you've have a Mac, you'll never understand or like PCs.

aaaah the mac/PC debate!! :hit-head-with-hammer: In our house we have both, the mac being mine and the PC begin DH. I use both and don't mine either but do love my Mac. As Ann has said, it is just what you feel comfortable with. My son comes home and gives the mac a hard time but I find that he is on the mac way more than the PC!!! :disappearing-smilie: I just keep forgetting the difference with the alt key and the option key. I think that you will manage absolutely fine Megann.

Archived