Help With Fixing A Paper

Pauliine

Hi, I just purchased the Circus on Parade collection. I'm trying to create a layout similar to the one that is shown in the example by Julie White (the red paper with horse).

http://store.scrapgirls.com/product/16982/circus-on-Parade-Collection

At the bottom of the red paper in the example, the paper is sort of bunched up (to make it look like a curtain). The paper in the pack is not like that. It's just a simple square. Can someone please help me figure out how to give it that effect of a curtain-look?

That's a really cute layout and I love what Julie did at the bottom of the paper. I'm not sure how she did it but if you send her a message I'm sure she will get back to you. :) I see this is your first post, so ..... welcome to ScrapGirls!

Here's how to send a message to Julie.....in case you don't know how to yet. :) At the top right of this page you will see your name and a little arrow pointing down. Click on the arrow and then choose "Messenger". This is our PM (private message) system and it works really well! Once the Messenger screen opens, click "Compose New" (on the right of the screen) and then type in Julie's message board user name, gophergirl, and type your message. She'll get an email telling her you've sent a message and will get back to you as soon as she can. :)

I just noticed this is your first post, so ..... welcome to ScrapGirls!

Good question, Pauline, since the only additional material mentioned for the layout is a bow from the Cherries Jubilee collection. May I suggest sending a private message to the designer, Julie White? Her message board name is GopherGirl. (There's got to be a story there!) The designers are usually great about responding. I'd indicate you've posted this, too, so she can copy her answer here.

Welcome to Scrap Girls, Pauline!

(looks like I posted at the same time you did, Janine.)

Perhaps the warp tool was used to push the paper up (probably using the grid to make them even) and then it looks like that little red and white half-circle crinkly paper thing (it's on the "Circus on Parade Collection" preview sheet near the bottom) was placed under each scallop to give more depth. Then brads were added to "hold" each scallop up. Whatever she did, it's a way-cool technique!

This is just a guess -- I am sure Julie will be along and share her secrets!

Maybe Julie used the red and white half circle embellishment ( I don't know the proper name for it) as the ruffle. Oh Julie, where are you, we need you! ;)

Welcome to SG! I got your PM and sent you one back, but I'll answer both places to make sure. :) SSL, it was a busy day!

April and Aggie are pretty close. I used a row of the bunting shapes from Circus on Parade to clip the red paper and another row of the bunting shapes placed behind that for depth. There are a few blending layers on top of it all for the exact effect, of course shadowing and then the brads at each intersection.

Thanks for purchasing Circus On Parade. I really hope you like it! :) I can't wait to see what you create!

HTH

PS. If you need help with making clipping masks or blending layers the Secrets Book Series is great. I'd link it, but I can't get into the boutique right now.

Archived