Picassa - Giving Credit

carp12310

Hi All,

I just switched from a PC to Mac....in doing so I went from ACDSee to Picassa...which was a big change but slowly getting use to it. In acdsee I use to use the metadata to put what kits, elements, templates etc I used for a particular layout so that I would know what I used if I posted it etc to give proper credit. How do you do that with Picassa? Do you just create a tag for the designer/kit etc and just tag the layout with that or is there a place where you can physically type in information for that particular file?

Thanks so much!

Alicia

I rename layers in my layout (I use PSE) to keep track of my supplies. If you've got your element selected in Picasa, hit your F2 key. That will bring up a dialog box where you can edit the name of the file. But when that comes up, I hit Ctrl C, which copies the name, then I close that dialog. Then I double click on the layer in my PSE which highlights the current name of the layer, and then I hit Ctrl V, which pastes the file name of the element. As long as you're using Scrap Girls supplies, the initials of the designer and the product will be in the file name.

Sounds like a lot of steps, but it really goes quickly with the shortcut keys.

Thanks so much...that is a great idea to save it in the layers of the template. Ill check out the keys in picassa too!

I rename layers in my layout (I use PSE) to keep track of my supplies. If you've got your element selected in Picasa, hit your F2 key. That will bring up a dialog box where you can edit the name of the file. But when that comes up, I hit Ctrl C, which copies the name, then I close that dialog. Then I double click on the layer in my PSE which highlights the current name of the layer, and then I hit Ctrl V, which pastes the file name of the element. As long as you're using Scrap Girls supplies, the initials of the designer and the product will be in the file name.

Sounds like a lot of steps, but it really goes quickly with the shortcut keys.

Glad I could help! Please let us know if we can help you any further.

Another thing that I also like to do is keep a .txt file in a folder with my layout. I use Notepad, because I keep it open and it's really small and hardly takes up any system resources. I copy my file names in that text file too. I name it the same name as the layout. That way, if I want to look at what I used in a layout at a later time (like if I want to put my layout in the gallery or submit my layout) I just have to open the little text file. I can also put in notes to myself there if I used a special technique or something else I want to remember. It beats opening up my layout in PSE and digging to find my layer names or metadata, and it's easy to copy and paste from.

Archived