September Monthly Layout Contest

PBarnes

You may not think about it often, but you do make a positive impact on those around you. For the September contest, we want you to scrap a layout about something you have done that made a positive impact on someone else. It might be in your role as a parent, a friend, a teacher, or a team member in sports or at work. Post your layouts in the September Gallery before mid-night Mountain Time September 30th. Be sure to list the credits for the items you used in the description area or under the EXIF Properties. We will choose two winners who will each receive a $10 gift certificate to the Scrap Girls Boutique!

Post your finished layouts in the September Gallery

That's a great challenge, Pat. It's hard to look at our lives and how they impact others. We have awesome members who make a difference here and in their own hometowns, families, churches, and around the globe. It's time for some ScrapGirls horn-tooting! :toot: Can't wait to see the LOs! May have to try one myself.

This does sound like a great challenge - I just have absolutely no idea of any impact I have had on anyone's life to scrap it - putting my thinking cap on but so far I have come up with nothing but blanks.

Here's mine - did double duty on this and the color challenge - hope that's okay - I think I made an impact on these two of my four children in their growing up years - all the talks, all the problems - they were two of the four who actually listened and as I see them as young adults, I see so many of those talks coming back ten-fold in the way they do things today. I am so proud of them.

September Monthly Layout Contest

You may not think about it often, but you do make a positive impact on those around you. For the September contest, we want you to scrap a layout about something you have done that made a positive impact on someone else. It might be in your role as a parent, a friend, a teacher, or a team member in sports or at work. Post your layouts in the September Gallery before mid-night Mountain Time September 30th. Be sure to list the credits for the items you used in the description area or under the EXIF Properties. We will choose two winners who will each receive a $10 gift certificate to the Scrap Girls Boutique!

Thank you for this challenge, Pat - somehow, someway, I really wanted to do it and your idea for this challenge brought my MOJO back - I really thought I had just lost it forever - it has been so long since I did a layout and I did three last night - it felt so good. Thank you so much. Let's just hope it will last.

Thank you for this challenge, Pat - somehow, someway, I really wanted to do it and your idea for this challenge brought my MOJO back - I really thought I had just lost it forever - it has been so long since I did a layout and I did three last night - it felt so good. Thank you so much. Let's just hope it will last.

Sara, that's great, I get those ruts too! I Chat, Message board and leave love but don't scrap, but I am on a mission!

I had a hard time with this one, and almost skipped this month because I just didn't feel like I had anything that great to scrap about. Anyway, enough of that; here is my offering for this month's contest.

Making a Difference

Tamara, you layout does not need to be 100% Scrap Girls but we would hope that you would include at least some Scrap Girls items. If you haven't already, I'd suggest signing up for the Scrap Girls newsletter. It comes to your inbox 6 days a week and has a freebie in each and every issue. We'd love to have you give it a try.

Went through and looks at the layouts submitted they are fabulous.

Question, does one have to use kit fro Scrap Girls?.

If so then I am out, unless there are freebies to download.

Great work and great concept.

Have you downloaded the free Refresh colleciton yet? It's a large collection of all you really need to get started and has some really fun elements in it. If you don't have it, you can find a link on the Home page and you could check the freebie section in the Boutique for the most recent Newsletter freebies. :-)

Sara, that's great, I get those ruts too! I Chat, Message board and leave love but don't scrap, but I am on a mission!

Thanks, Shannon, glad I'm not the only one who gets in those ruts - lately I've been on a mission too, but am finding my layouts are just so-so - nothing special and I get so frustrated cause they are just not like what I used to do - I'm not using any special techniques - just very generic and plain layouts - gotta get out of my rut soon! I almost hate posting my layouts as I compare them to those of others.

I don't think of myself as impacting anyone in any way, so I'll definately have to think about this one. :-)

Gosh, Heatherane - you are an inspiration to many and you don't even know it - I love your layouts - you are really doing some unique one lately - and how about those puppies? You certainly have made an impact on Mama and her babies lately!

I don't think of myself as impacting anyone in any way, so I'll definately have to think about this one. :-)

Gosh, Heatherane - you are an inspiration to many and you don't even know it - I love your layouts - you are really doing some unique one lately - and how about those puppies? You certainly have made an impact on Mama and her babies lately!

Thanks Sara. I was thinking about the puppies, but wasn't sure if that would be acceptable for this challenge. I'm not sure of anything else that I would do a layout about, so if I get a chance to do one, it will be about the pups.:-)

Archived