tiza126

Things I Saw At The Zoo....

Penguin

Our zoo has a very cute penguin exhibit - they must have been in heaven this winter!   :blinking-in-scarf:

On 4/20/2018 at 10:22 PM, MariJ said:

Rabbit

they run around here wild, but in zoos, too!

Never seen them in our zoo's as there are to many wild ones here as well :) Nice to eat though .... oops sorry forgot you were vegetarian :shycouch:

Tarantula ...... I hate any form of spiders even if they are behind glass :ew: 

On 4/22/2018 at 4:09 AM, Jane in N.Z said:

Never seen them in our zoo's as there are to many wild ones here as well :) Nice to eat though .... oops sorry forgot you were vegetarian :shycouch:

Tarantula ...... I hate any form of spiders even if they are behind glass :ew: 

:rofl:... and whenever I hear of spiders I think of Jody who was terrified of them.   

Umbrellabird

On 4/23/2018 at 10:31 PM, MariJ said:

:rofl:... and whenever I hear of spiders I think of Jody who was terrified of them.   

Umbrellabird

who wouldn't be living in Australia.....they have the most deadly horrid spiders and snakes so I really feel how Jody felt!!!

Vine snake....I remember DD sent me a photo she had taken of one of these...how she got so close is beyond me :) 

23 hours ago, Jane in N.Z said:

who wouldn't be living in Australia.....they have the most deadly horrid spiders and snakes so I really feel how Jody felt!!!

Vine snake....I remember DD sent me a photo she had taken of one of these...how she got so close is beyond me :) 

Wow... She is adventurous for sure, your Daughter and yes, we don’t really have deadly spiders and snakes in NJ as a rule.  Out West mostly, but not really right here, although they do exist here.

Wallaby

Saw those in Australia! :)

On 4/26/2018 at 10:00 PM, MariJ said:

Wow... She is adventurous for sure, your Daughter and yes, we don’t really have deadly spiders and snakes in NJ as a rule.  Out West mostly, but not really right here, although they do exist here.

Wallaby

Saw those in Australia! :)

We have them in NZ as well although they were introduced from Australia :)  

X-Ray Tetra   (I think I have used this before but whose checking eh? ) 

On 4/30/2018 at 7:35 AM, Jane in N.Z said:

We have them in NZ as well although they were introduced from Australia :)  

X-Ray Tetra   (I think I have used this before but whose checking eh? ) 

Not me!   

Yak

On 5/3/2018 at 2:48 AM, Jane in N.Z said:

:rofl:goodie 

Zebra

We can make up the rules since we’re playing, right???   :D   We should create our own game, but I can’t think of one!  :rofl:

Alligator

Bats

There are several kinds of bats in The Bronx Zoo: Hoary Bats, Fruit Bats, Tricolored, Eastern Red, Silver Haired, to name just a few. And if you check this link: https://bronxzoo.com/updates/the-bats-of-the-bronx

you can hear their different calls.

I did a search for Quolls and found this cute photo of one:

Quoll Dasyurus_maculatus.jpg

6 hours ago, lorac said:

Bats
There are several kinds of bats in The Bronx Zoo: Hoary Bats, Fruit Bats, Tricolored, Eastern Red, Silver Haired, to name just a few. And if you check this link: https://bronxzoo.com/updates/the-bats-of-the-bronx

you can hear their different calls.

I did a search for Quolls and found this cute photo of one:

Quoll Dasyurus_maculatus.jpg

I never realized there were so many kinds of bats and that link is so interesting Carol.   I also never heard (or knew I did!) a bat sound, a few of them sound like birds!    Thanks for the fun info.

Cheetah

51 minutes ago, MariJ said:

I never realized there were so many kinds of bats and that link is so interesting Carol.   I also never heard (or knew I did!) a bat sound, a few of them sound like birds!    Thanks for the fun info.

Cheetah

That's what I thought too. They did sound like birds. Those are just some of the bats that are in The Bronx.

On 5/13/2018 at 3:51 PM, Jane in N.Z said:

Dingo

I saw a Dingo at the enclosure in Adelaide! :)

Elephant