Digital Scrapbooking

barbara jo

Hi Barbara, and welcome! You're in the right place to get started. May I suggest, click the Boutique link above, and then FREEBIES on the left hand column. Download Ro's "15 things every scrapbooker...." e-book and enjoy. It will get you started on the considerations for these questions. Also download the free Refresh collection and sign up for the newsletter so you know about the daily freebies.

Ask questions as you need--we all had to learn! Hope you enjoy this as much as I have.

Hi Barbara Jo! Welcome to ScrapGirls. BarbaraC1977 pointed you to a great resource in Ro's Ebook. It will talk about the different programs out there. Most (but certainly not all) people here work with either Photoshop Elements (PSE, for short), Photoshop Creative Suite (PSCS), or Corel Paint Shop Pro (PSP). Take a look at the Ebook and Google the software products I mentioned and see if you find a fit. Ask any questions you'd like. We're more than happy to help you. Again, welcome!

Welcome to ScrapGirls! We're so happy you've joined us here. This is the best place to learn digital scrapbooking. :) A lot of people send their layouts out to be printed while others print at home. Some of us have wide format printers while others print at 8 inches. Do what works best for you and your budget. The free ebook that was mentioned above covers that too, if I remember correctly. Thanks for introducing yourself.

Hi Barbara, and welcome to Scrap Girls. It looks as though you have received lots of ideas for getting started. You have definitely come to the right place, so just dive in and get your feet wet. There are a lot of great people here who are always ready and willing to offer help, so don't hesitate to ask.

Hi Barbara. Welcome to SGs. This is the ideal place to get started with digital scrapping. As Barbara said, the ebook is the best getting started guide there is...anywhere. As far as software, I think the majority start with Adobe Photoshop Elements. I believe Adobe may have a free 30 day trial. So you can get a free ebook, freebie collection of supplies and a free trial of software to get you started. Once you've decided on the software, the "Secrets" videos from the boutique are an incredible source of learning. Getting started can be a bit overwhelming at first, but you've got lots and lots of good folk here to help you out with any problems you might come up with.

Hi Barbara Jo

You got lots of great answers, the main difference with the different programs has a lot to do with the cost of the software, I use PSE and I am quite happy with it I can do so many things and I learn more everyday! I create layouts at 12 x 12 and them print them 8 x 8 for albums, I have a kodak printer and I get great quality. Well I hope to see you around, Welcome to Scrapgirls!

Hi Barbara Jo and welcome to Scrapgirls!

There are several good scrapbook programs out there. The only thing I will add to the above suggestions is that whichever you choose, make sure it can save your page in a universal format (like a jpeg.) This never occurred to me when I started. It means that if you used a program with a proprietary format, then the only program that can open your pages and print them is THAT program. Luckily I print out almost all of my pages anyway and only lost a few, but I know that problem has caught others off guard.

Now you know why most people here use PSE, Photoshop, PSP and Gimp!

Have fun playing with whichever program you choose, and remember that there are lots of people here happy to answer any questions you will have!

Archived