Where In The World Is Huckleberry?

PBarnes

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could the people who have listed their location as just a state, let me know what part of the state - like north, south, central, etc? Especially PA where there are two locations, just so the map looks nicer.

For me, Huck was in Hendersonville, NC, Aggie - hope that's what you mean - in the mountains of WNC

It's so exciting to hear about Huck's travels - I loved having him here with us last year - think it was about this time of year cause Rich had had his cardiac surgery and he went to the doc and the gym with us!

I have a feeling he's just arrived at Kim's now.........it will be exciting to hear about his visit there!

• 1 month later...

Oh, I'm SOOO sorry!! Huck's at my house, but we've been SOOO very busy that we haven't had time to scrap our photos yet. He'll be leaving soon, but is spending Halloween here. We don't celebrate much--too far out of town for trick-or-treat. My kids will work a festival at church and I'm headed out of town to a funeral. He won't be lonely though. Layout coming soon....

I hope Huck has a Happy Halloween! Can't wait to see your layout, Kim! That little guy has really become a world traveler! He must be about due to travel across the ocean by now?

• 3 weeks later...

as we are discussing about Huckleberry, one of Huck Finn’s struggles in this book is whether he prefers the world of civilization to living in the woods. Often it seems he is a wild, unkempt thirteen-year-old boy who would rather spend his day catching snakes than washing up for supper. He declares several times that he’s happiest when he’s alone with nature (or alone with Jim and nature). However, it is also clear that Huck craves the structure and caring of a family household. He strongly admires some aspects of the cultural world, and seems to respect (and sometimes envy) others’ choice to follow rules and social norms. The tension between Huck’s desire for a free, unencumbered life and the pull towards family structure and cultural refinement is one of Huck’s central battles.

as we are discussing about Huckleberry, one of Huck Finn’s struggles in this book is whether he prefers the world of civilization to living in the woods. Often it seems he is a wild, unkempt thirteen-year-old boy who would rather spend his day catching snakes than washing up for supper. He declares several times that he’s happiest when he’s alone with nature (or alone with Jim and nature). However, it is also clear that Huck craves the structure and caring of a family household. He strongly admires some aspects of the cultural world, and seems to respect (and sometimes envy) others’ choice to follow rules and social norms. The tension between Huck’s desire for a free, unencumbered life and the pull towards family structure and cultural refinement is one of Huck’s central battles.

Glad to know the little guy will be spending Halloween with you Kim. I'm sure he is having a lot of fun. Looking forward to photos and layouts.

I'm wondering where he will be for Thanksgiving day? Does he like to eat turkey or does he prefer bananas?

Glad to know the little guy will be spending Halloween with you Kim. I'm sure he is having a lot of fun. Looking forward to photos and layouts.

I'm wondering where he will be for Thanksgiving day? Does he like to eat turkey or does he prefer bananas?

I bet he likes watching the parade on TV :)

Looks like he'll still be our guest. We've been waiting to hear about his next destination,but it hasn't been confirmed yet. He'll definitely be watching Macy's on TV. I still get chills when Santa arrives! But first, on Wednesday he'll have to be my baking helper!

Looks like he'll still be our guest. We've been waiting to hear about his next destination,but it hasn't been confirmed yet. He'll definitely be watching Macy's on TV. I still get chills when Santa arrives! But first, on Wednesday he'll have to be my baking helper!

Don't let him eat too much!!

Oh, I'll bet he's a spoon licker if you're making frosting!

OMgoodness there's been a Thanksgiving siting of our dear little purple monkey! :)Thanksgiving Blessings

What a wonderful Huckleberry blessing you have at your house Cheri and your layout is soooooo cute! he looks quite content guarding the goodies on the table!

• 2 weeks later...

Happy to announce that Huck arrived at his new destination yesterday. I took him to Bethlehem (but forgot my camera!!!) and his new host picked him up and took him home. I'll get my LO of his escapades posted soon...and we'll look for more from his new family!

Archived