My New Scrapbooking Organizer Tool

DiannaC

This is one of my first posts to the forums. I've been kind of lurking around for a while, but I wanted to share my new tool for organizing scrapbooking things. There is a free software called Evernote. You can download the desktop version and they also have versions for Iphone, Blackberry and Android if you are a gadget geek like me. But I keep Evernote open on my desk top. It has a clipping feature and clip things I find from the web into it.

I have different folders for Layout ideas, sketches, and pictures of brushes I have installed in Photoshop. I also keep a list of all the things I have bought from the ScrapGirls boutique because I could just see myself buying something twice.

Today I started a list of quotes I like that I may want to use in a layout.

The best part about this program is that it syncs with my account on the Evernote website so that if I add a note on my work computer, I can see it on my home computer when I get home. I can also access them on my cellphone if I need to. The cellphone version has the ability to make pictures into notes. I used this feature once to look up a band I saw a poster for. I took a picture of the poster and then it automatically searched Google for them. I am sure there are a ton of ways you ladies could think of to use this feature. All the notes you make are totally searchable. It even searchs writings on pictures.

The software is VERY much like Microsoft's OneNOte which I used to have on an old tablet computer I had. But OneNote is expensive and this is free. Because I use a number of different computers, all my notes get to every one of them.

I hope someone else finds this software helpful.

Dianna

I used to use Evernote, and to be honest, I didn't care for it that much. I found Kaboodle much better. But I never thought about using it for organizing scrapbooking items. Thanks for the tip. I might have to try it again.

I use Evernote as well. I have a folder for layouts I might lift, for tutorials, for submission calls, etc. I keep links there for pages and threads that I know that I'll want to refer to later. I also like to gather boutique items together into a folder for a particular project I'm going to be working on, and to keep themed items together. I find it very useful!

Now that my new OS hard drive won't allow my laptop access to the files on it, I will have to see if this will make a workable solution.

Lately I have been gmailing files to myself to get from A to B... very frustrating to maintain two copies all the time.

Thanks for the tip and welcome to Scrap Girls!

I'm sure Evernote has improved vastly since I used it. I switched over to OneNote when it came with an Office package, and now I couldn't do without it.

I copy MB threads into a tutorial folder, save PMs in it, save inspirations to it, and have at least as many folders for my sewing obsession.

:)

I use this to save LO's I want to scraplift and also for products from here that are a wish list for me.

My question is....there seems to be a monthly limit....what does this mean? It keeps asking me if I want to upgrade (ie...pay) which I don't. Anyone have this problem?

TIA

Archived