How Do I Zip Some Files To Send Someone

bjc

So put them in a folder and zip them and then upload the zip file.

these are the instructions i got for sending the pdf files i have created to make the board book i am making for dgs..

can someone tell me how i zip files....i can make a folder and put all the pdfs in the folder but then how do i zip them??? is there special software???

looking to learn something new

You can download Winzip on a trial basis for free. You get so many uses or a certain time limit, like 3 months or something. There are some other truly free softwares out there too. You can just google Zip programs. I think I used a program called 7Zip before. I haven't had to zip files very often so the free program worked for me.

Bobbie if you google winzip you can probably find a free download, then yes up put in a folder and say zip! It is cool. I HTH!

i downloaded a free trial version but help...i have no idea how to use it...i am trying but could use some help if someone can walk me thru it

If you're using a PC with Windows XP, here are the instructions using the compression program that comes with XP (there should be something similar with Vista or W7--Mac, no idea):

To create a zipped compressed folder

1. Open My Computer.

2. Double-click a drive or folder.

3. On the File menu, point to New, and then click Compressed (zipped) Folder.

4. Type a name for the new folder, and then press ENTER.

Notes

• To open My Computer, click Start, and then click My Computer.

• You can also create a zipped compressed folder by right-clicking the desktop, pointing to New, and then clicking Compressed (zipped) Folder.

• You can identify compressed folders by the zipper on the folder icon.

• If you share compressed folders with users on other computer systems, you may want to limit the compressed folder names to eight characters with a .zip file name extension. (note: files I’ve downloaded are 30-40)

To add files to a zipped compressed folder

1. Open My Computer, and then locate the compressed folder.

2. Drag files to the compressed folder to compress them.

Notes

• To open My Computer, click Start, and then click My Computer.

• Double-click programs and files in compressed folders to open them.

• You can identify compressed folders by the zipper on the folder icon.

• If a program requires dynamic-link library files or data files to run, those files must first be extracted. For more information, click Related Topics.

Archived