Fun Friday: Game With Lots Of Prizes Including 2 Ipods! Everyone Wins Something!

ScrapGirlsRo

This sounds like a fun challenge. I just saw it now but I am hoping to come up with something by tomorrow night. I have to think about it a bit. What a great challenge, sometimes it's so easy to focus on all the crazy stuff going on, to take some time and focus on the happy is great therapy.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really don't have a clue as to what I'm doing here besides being bored silly at home and needing to stretch out of my shell. Anyway, I have a layout ready but now have to figure out how to "post" it. Would somebody like to talk me thru it? Or have I accomplished all that I need to do by attaching my jpeg file?

Remember, the very first thing that I mentioned was "don't have a clue"!

Anyway, I'm also assuming that I should say something about why this layout is a "favorite thing to do" or "just makes me happy". First of all, I loved getting to dance in the rain as a child. My mom let us go running in the backyard like wet little fairies and then met us at the back door with towels and a hug. Secondly, the little red-headed fairy in my layout is my grandchild ...and seeing her enjoying herself in much the same way as I makes me VERY happy.

Thirdly, this layout also makes me happy in and of itself because I used some cool tricks in Photoshop that I learned from the videos that I purchased from the ScrapGirls store! Guess that's why I've built up the courage to take my first stab at a "post"!

lovin all the happiness.... conda... since you said you never made a video before i am hoping you can tell me how you did it....cause i never did one yet! but would like to know how....

I used picasa...it was pretty simple really. I made a file and put the pix I wanted in it, uploaded...then hit "make movie", it downloaded...added music. That's about it!

oh wow, these are FANTASTIC! I love Bobbie's simple story about the bus ride. That is so touching. I love Conda's Girls wanna have fun too! Great job everyone, this has been fun to watch! :)

I didn't have your picture to include.... :(

Lots of things make me happy and this isn't the most important, but it is a daily little joy that my husband and I share. Our family of garden birds got a new fancy suet feeder and they loved it. I did a layout of their antics as they gorged themselves (except the hummer of course).

Thank you for telling us how to attach our layout to the post. I never did that before.

Supplies: Mad Sketch Jan 09, TCS_ArtJournal, ABL Feathered Friends, BMU Mossy,EHI Punch out, MRE DynaBrush Inky, SG Refresh, SS glitter brush, 2Peas Rubber Duckie and I'm Bored fonts, my own birdtrack brush.

post-6834-009059200 1284941828_thumb.jpg

I hope I can do this right - giving it a try and we shall soon see. I hope that my thumbnail works!

I'm not sure it's big enough to see but I'm going to post it in the Gallery and come back and post my link here too - is that okay?

Memories are what make me happy - the little things that I think about when my children were little - and this memory was so long ago that I even used old clip art for it to go with the date of the event! clip art? Thought I had seen the end of that for sure!

I fixed the thumbnail - it's the right size now - whew! Just going to leave link here for safe-keeping anyway! :giggle_bear:

Memories Make Me Happy Because They Last Forever

This has been so much fun seeing everyone's submissions - Conda, loved your You Tube and I thought you did a great job with it - love, love, love the bus story, Bobbie - so sweet! Everyone's submissions are just fun to look at.

Now, about that Ipod!

lovin all the happiness.... conda... since you said you never made a video before i am hoping you can tell me how you did it....cause i never did one yet! but would like to know how....

I used picasa...it was pretty simple really. I made a file and put the pix I wanted in it, uploaded...then hit "make movie", it downloaded...added music. That's about it!

You make it sound as easy as my teenager told me it would be - he really wanted me to do a You Tube submission - he does them all the time.

Well, I managed to get a layout done.

What brings me happiness is seeing my daughter giving to others. Being unselfish and spreading joy. When I asked her why she wanted to start her Charity Bear project she said because I like to see kids smile. That brings me pure JOY!! Thanks for this wonderful challenge. It was fun!

scatterjoy.jpg

This was a tough topic to scrap...SO many things that bring me joy. I needed to journal my thoughts as my 1 year out from gastric bypass is coming up and realized that I feel joy in my life and myself and made a layout showing me before and after. I truly love life and all I have been given and not to be too vain...I have joy in myself and who I am now. Thanks for the kick in the bum to get me to scrap/journal this Ro!

Robin

I love taking pictures of nature and I enjoy writing poetry. I believe we are surrounded by beauty,

but in our busy day to day schedules we often forget to slow down long enought to really enjoy it.

Some of my favortite things to photograph are weeds. People spend lots of time and money trying to

destroy them, but if you look closely they are some of the most beautiful creations of God.

ok... Here goes -- I hope I post this correctly and in the right place!

"The Beach" makes me happy!

TEXT:

"I love the beach and hot sand and warm sun and salt water and air and boats chugging and birds flying... and playing with family... It makes me HAPPY!"

Smaller titles are: "Jersey Shore" "Atlantic Ocean" and "Sandy Hook".

For this layout I used:

"All Around" template, "Happy Summer" collection, Type Path "Waves" and my own photos.

Thanks for a fun game! I've loved looking at all of them...

post-19549-055394400 1284946481_thumb.jpg

Although I have many things that give me pleasure like my daughter, my grandchildren, my sisters, well, I guess my family as a whole, but having the chance to create gives me the greatest satisfaction in my life. I had rheumatic fever as a child and was bedridden for 1 full year. During that time (no TV in the bedrooms in those days) I found that I had a creative streak in me that opened the world. I wrote a play, a short novel, designed house floorplans, made Barbie clothes from my own designs and embroidered. Little did I know that many years later I could use a computer to bring all those ideas to life. I have so many ideas in my head and I don't have the time to get them all done. Before I became ill and was unable to travel, my sisters and I used to go to Europe for 2 weeks every 2 years. When we went to Paris several years ago I feel in love. (no not with a man but with the city). I wanted to create a piece that captured the essence of the city of love with hues of pink and black. This is my creation. Every time I look at it I get tears in my eyes. That trip was magical and I hope my Pink in Paris digital collage is also.

Here is my Fun Friday layout... thought about adding journaling, and maybe I will later. My parents bought this piano when I was 17. I'm really the only one in the family that plays, so they did buy it for me, but my mom has had it until recently. She always said she would give it to my husband and me when we "settled down"... essentially, when we get out of the military and stop moving around! I teased her that she would never let go of the piano. This past February, my mom passed away. I'm an only child, and dealing with the estate has been stressful on top of missing my mother, but one of the first things my husband did was arrange for the piano to be picked up and transported to where we live... about 2,000 miles. I was a music major in college, and although I was a percussion performance major rather than piano performance, playing piano has always been a source of stress relief for me... a source of happiness. Now that we have THIS particular piano, not only is it a beautiful piano, but it reminds me of my parents. We have two small children, so I don't have much time to play at the moment, but I will play more and more again as they get older. When I was little, I would listen to my mom play, and I begged to be able to take piano lessons. I would like my girls to hear me play and cultivate that same desire to express themselves through music. At the risk of seeming like a brown-noser, I used Ro's Musica and Classical Music kits!

post-20302-017529100 1285002231_thumb.jpg

this is fun, as it should be.... and i would love some explanation of how to make a utube video? is there a tuts on that or someone who wants to let me know how you do that...with your scrapbook materials and lo

so since i dont know how to do that i have just created a lo that is about one thing in life that does make me happy...its the little moments...that involve children... all i can say is thank goodness for kids... when you are with them and you watch them learning thru play and interacting with the world...life is good... that makes me happy! take time to savor the little moments...

here is my lo about a little moment...

This is sooo cute. One of my favorites. Love the journaling.

Wow-how much fun was this? I've never made a video. I've never used YouTube...(not even to watch videos)but I've had so much fun!! Thank you Ro for the fun and friendships. It took me a while to figure out what makes me happy. It's friends and family. I had so much fun with my SG friends in St. Louis last weekend, it made me think about the fun and monkey business in SLC last year. Enjoy!

Hope you enjoy my video: What makes me happy...

That was great, and lots of fun. Love your video.

I really don't have a clue as to what I'm doing here besides being bored silly at home and needing to stretch out of my shell. Anyway, I have a layout ready but now have to figure out how to "post" it. Would somebody like to talk me thru it? Or have I accomplished all that I need to do by attaching my jpeg file?

Remember, the very first thing that I mentioned was "don't have a clue"!

Anyway, I'm also assuming that I should say something about why this layout is a "favorite thing to do" or "just makes me happy". First of all, I loved getting to dance in the rain as a child. My mom let us go running in the backyard like wet little fairies and then met us at the back door with towels and a hug. Secondly, the little red-headed fairy in my layout is my grandchild ...and seeing her enjoying herself in much the same way as I makes me VERY happy.

Thirdly, this layout also makes me happy in and of itself because I used some cool tricks in Photoshop that I learned from the videos that I purchased from the ScrapGirls store! Guess that's why I've built up the courage to take my first stab at a "post"!

Dear Don't Have A Clue, this is great and wow, look at that red hair. Beautiful.

I hope I can do this right - giving it a try and we shall soon see. I hope that my thumbnail works!

I'm not sure it's big enough to see but I'm going to post it in the Gallery and come back and post my link here too - is that okay?

Memories are what make me happy - the little things that I think about when my children were little - and this memory was so long ago that I even used old clip art for it to go with the date of the event! clip art? Thought I had seen the end of that for sure!

I fixed the thumbnail - it's the right size now - whew! Just going to leave link here for safe-keeping anyway! :giggle_bear:

This has been so much fun seeing everyone's submissions - Conda, loved your You Tube and I thought you did a great job with it - love, love, love the bus story, Bobbie - so sweet! Everyone's submissions are just fun to look at.

Now, about that Ipod!

I love this. The poem is so beautiful. You are so talented.

Hi everyone. This is not only my very first post, but my first ever official digital layout as well.

My kids were playing in the afternoon sunshine just before spring officially started here in Australia, when they decided to collect a posie of flowers for me. I managed to snap a cute photo of them together as well - a rare thing! It was such a lovely afternoon and they were so sweet to me and each other, it made me feel very happy indeed. I ended up with two double-pages, so here they are.

I've been lurking and buying, but this post came along just when I had something to say about my daughter, who's just gone to boarding school. She's doing great, but we miss her terribly. So this is the story of our first visit. I was happy because she was so happy. I used the "From the Desk Of" Kit, but did some colorizing to jazz it up a little. Thanks for making me get the story on paper while it was still fresh in my mind!

Now, about that Ipod!

I love this. The poem is so beautiful. You are so talented.

Thank you, Belle.

Ro, thanks for the game. My family is one thing that brings me much happiness especially my grandson.. Of course he is my first grandchild so that does make him a "little special". His parents got him a little John Deere tractor and he loves it, so I thought it was appropriate for this game. :)

Credits:

TCS_Beautiful Life

ASO_TechnoGrunge

STL_Promise

BMU_SS_PaperBlenders

SG_Refresh_TDO

One of the many things I have to be happy about is my two great-grandsons. Brayden celebrated his first birthday this week-end, so I decided to use some of the 150 photos I took to represent happiness for me. I hope you can see that great cake my granddaughter's friend made. It was soooo cute.

Hi everyone. This is not only my very first post, but my first ever official digital layout as well.

My kids were playing in the afternoon sunshine just before spring officially started here in Australia, when they decided to collect a posie of flowers for me. I managed to snap a cute photo of them together as well - a rare thing! It was such a lovely afternoon and they were so sweet to me and each other, it made me feel very happy indeed. I ended up with two double-pages, so here they are.

Kath, These are wonderful, I can't even tell you how much better these are than the first LO's I did. Great Job!! Debby

It's been fun seeing not only the diversity of scraping styles, but how many members "came out" so to speak and posted or created for the first time. It's also been a nice way to find out more about the prolific, talented members whose layouts we see in the gallery - from the little things that make them happy to the good outcomes of their life's big decisions - Wow! It has also been therapeutic in that it's made many of us contemplate the things that matter in our lives. I'm not much of a scrapper (not in the sense of today's craft), but I've had a camera around my neck since the seventies and I've been keeping a dairy-cum-journal-scrapbook thingy since about that time too, so for me scrapping is just a way to beautify the photos I take and better document the diary pages I fill every evening. Being a geek, me and photoshop go back to the nineties. Most of what I scrap--if it can be called that, compared to the artworks everyone else puts together--is 4x6 or 5x7 layouts with only one or two photos. The journaling is on the diary page that contains one or more such "pictures" or some newspaper cut-outs, or whatever ... I dont post much because, in fact, I am a very private person and as such not too comfortable sharing, but I have close to one hundred diary "books on my shelves containing the ups and downs, bits and bobs and all sorts of information and trivia that has been these past 40 years of my life. Mostly I post my hybrid cards at a Flickr account. http://www.flickr.com/photos/40437577@N00/

Thank you, Ro, for the constant inspiration, your beautiful newsletters, and the fabulous products. I wish you--and the entire design team--continued success with all your endeavors. And I wish everone else continued creativity too!

Warm wishes from a Florida gal,

Vianna

Archived