Fun Friday: Game With Lots Of Prizes Including 2 Ipods! Everyone Wins Something!

ScrapGirlsRo

It's September. It's Friday. What do you say we have a little fun?

At night - when I have trouble sleeping - I listen to music that is a beautiful mix of sounds from nature (rain softly falling, doves cooing, leaves with water dripping) that is accompanied by soft instruments such as an acoustical guitar, soft woodwinds, harps, and the gentle voice of a piano.

The sound carries grace from one side of the room to another and wraps around me like a soft, sun-bleached cotton shawl. I feel the tones whisk by my cheek as they travel to my ear, past my brain, and as they take my heart on a journey to peace. I feel every cell in the body-unit named Rozanne begin to forget why they had been tense and worried. Every cell sighs, ready for a relaxing bit of sleep.

"Tomorrow," my heart whispers. "Tomorrow I'll be clear again and my challenges will seem small and doable.'

This morning, I started to think what a blessing music is and I decided to share with you. But then I wondered how I could do it in a fun way.

I thought and thought and thought and thought about it. And then - after I had thought some more - I got an idea: "Why don't I start game on the Scrap Girls messageboard and let people do something strange and unusual to win the game?"

post-3-052190900 1284742184_thumb.jpg

"Yeah!" I told myself. "I like it! I'll give away a couple of the new Apple iPods (the nano 9 GB Graphic (6th Generation)! I adore my iPod! There will be 2 (two) - iPod nanos and one (1) $20 Gift Certificates prize awarded to various winners and everyone who plays the game will receive a $2 gift certificate just for participating!"

The winners of the prizes will be chosen like this:

1. The two iPods will be awarded to the two people whose entries I enjoy the most.

2. The $20 gift certificate will be awarded as a result of a random drawing winner from all the entries.

3. Everyone that enters will receive a $2 gift certificate just for trying!

Here are the rules:

1. Enter before midnight, Monday, September 20th.

2. Create a digital scrapbooking layout or a YouTube video that is about something that makes you feel happy.

3. Post it in this string. Follow the video directions (below) if you don't know how to add an image or a video to your post.

Note: If you are seeing Clint Black as the video thumbnail, it's because YouTube hasn't processed in the thumbnail I have chosen. Once you see a post, you'll know that has happened. No matter what you see, go ahead and watch it. (Note: The video has been updated to show that you must use the Full Editor.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LKc-r7xUSE

Winners will be announced in this forum sometime on Tuesday.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My favourite thing is making people laugh. My DH says if I put the video of me dancing with my bikini on YOU TUBE, (weighing in at 115 kg) he will never talk to me again, so I will have to settle for a layout. This sounds like a fun challenge.

Awesome idea... Not sure that I could capture what I love to do best.

don't have a video camera so You Tube is out and not sure if I have a kit or the photos

for a Layout. Will take a look and see what I have and if I can come up with something.

Either way. I wish all those who are entering the best in their creation.

Yay!!! I love ScrapGirls!! I should have gotten involved in all of these fun things before now... I'm definitely going to do this contest, especially since I have the weekend to do it. Now to come up with a happy subject... and Belle, LOL at you!!! Dancing in a bikini on YouTube... hee hee.

How fun and creative!! I was just thinking to myself today that I need an iPod......(starting physical therapy, then maybe a gym membership to continue on my own to rehab my back, an iPod would help the time pass......)

Ro, I have an app on my droid that is called Relax and Sleep that is wonderful, sounds similar to what you use on your iPod.

HOCKEY_MEMENTOS_BEV_CODE-1.jpg

here is one of the few digitals i have made.. needed to do digital so i could encorporate all the photos into the 3 segiments for this wall mural of the boys hockey years... i am so proud to be a parent of young men who did good in life and are now married with families of their own... it's a parents dream to have safe, happy family who love and support each other. This was a great way to show you something that is the pride and joy of my life.

thanks Bev

post-20420-014171000 1284747954_thumb.jpg

Hi Shar,

I think that you may be trying to use the Fast Reply option. I forgot to show that you must use the "Use Full Editor" option. Or the Add Reply option. I need to update the video. You can see the Use Full Editor button at the bottom of the Fast Reply dialogue. (The Fast Reply dialogue automatically comes out.)

Thanks for reminding me!

Hi Shar,

I think that you may be trying to use the Fast Reply option. I forgot to show that you must use the "Use Full Editor" option. Or the Add Reply option. I need to update the video. You can see the Use Full Editor button at the bottom of the Fast Reply dialogue. (The Fast Reply dialogue automatically comes out.)

Thanks for reminding me!

Okay. I found that I had to click "Use full Edit" So here I go:

My marriage still makes me happy after 41+ years. If he asked me again, I'd still say, "I DO!!"

Credits:

Kate Pertiet: Splat overly, BG papers, Flower overlay, Word Art (Remember), Frame, BG mask, Heart doodle

Anna Brown: Stitching

Anna Aspnes: Word Art (newspaper)

Cathy Zielske: Word overlay (dream)

Fonts: Wishingtype, Tenderness, Century Gothic

post-11609-083609800 1284749613_thumb.jpg

Guest katykins

A nearly finished piece of cross stitch, knowing I have have had months of pleasure whilst working on it and having an excuse to spend money and time looking for another kit. This is the best part of cross stitch

used CKA Maquis Emb frame 2

DA Paessego jewelled hat pin

TL frayed fabric

STI Zoo embells stitch

CKA ATAE pocket plastic

STI Zoo papers

post-14458-006406100 1284750473_thumb.jpg

Belle - you are hilarious and made me smile. :)

I love seeing all these layouts already posted so quickly! And I love seeing so many new people too! And Valery - just have to say that your photography in that layout is *stunning* - perfect way to complement it with a simple, graphic layout.

Archived