Fun Friday: Game With Lots Of Prizes Including 2 Ipods! Everyone Wins Something!

ScrapGirlsRo

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest conjomom

My family gives me the greatest joy. I am so proud of all of them. This layout includes my husbands baby, his '56 Chev. What a great contest!post-545-076363000 1284754209_thumb.jpg

It makes me happy to share this video of my son, Alex, and his friend Brian, performing for a school variety show to raise money for local charities. The song is "Red Light" by country music's David Nail. David grew up in our hometown and played for the same event when he was in high school.

If you listen closely, you may be able to tell that Alex edited part of the video when his voice cracked.

Oh my! I have a confession.. I have been getting your newsletter for a very very long time and this morning when I saw the challenge, I came right over and registered!!!!

So.. I will 'attempt' to make a layout! Digi is so new for me, which is why I subscribe to the newsletter!

Thanks for a great 'kick in the rear' to get motivated! There are no ipods in our house:)

My favourite thing is making people laugh. My DH says if I put the video of me dancing with my bikini on YOU TUBE, (weighing in at 115 kg) he will never talk to me again, so I will have to settle for a layout. This sounds like a fun challenge.

Already you have made me laugh! ROFL&LSM

After 44 years, I finally met in person my baby brother. The experience is very overwhelming and has made me very happy. Although we don't live close to each other, we share our days together on the phone or emails. A little history, I had one picture of Kenny when he was 2 years old. I would sing happy birthday to him every year on June 14th, I finally got to sing it to him on the phone this year. Life is good!

post-15886-063001400 1284758682_thumb.jpg

OK! I created a layout for the challenge! Let's see if this works...

Oh yippee!!!

Journaling reads:

What makes me happy? Pumpkin Lattes, from October thru December. My 12-year old daughter making scones - just because she wants to. My 11 year-old son wanting to ride his bike to the neighbors and back all by himself (2 miles round trip - we live in the country). my favorite birch tree turning colors. Mad Men on Sunday nights! Soccer games and jerseys that have ‘Corona’ on the back - because our team is mostly hispanic, even if it’s a youth team and not PC! Learning new things. The hope to be something better!

Supplies used:

Cathy Zielske template #37, Katie Pertiet Collection Manuscript

Photo: Taken by a neighbor

Let me know if there is anything else I need to include for proper posting!

Thanks so much!!

Andi

I have been a scrapgirls member for a long time, but I am new to the message board thing. This game sounded like fun and I decided to join in. The one thing that brings me much joy and happiness other than my grandchildren is going to the ocean. I just love to sit and watch the waves, the seabirds and animals, the occasional boat go by. To me it is so beautiful and relaxing, I come away feeling much calmer, relaxed and so happy!

I hope you enjoy my scrap page.

I've been getting the newsletter for quite a while but don't think I've posted before. This sounded like fun so decided to give it a try.

One of my favorite things to do is create photo montages. My daughter and I had an idea to try the "burst" function on the digital camera. It just naturally evolved into a video. Every time I watch it, I have a big smile on my face. I hope you enjoy it too.

Here is my journaling:

I used to think that happiness

was a husband, house with a white

picket fence, and a dog and a baby.

Well, I got all but the baby (and the

white picket fence) and I am pretty

happy. All of that come with some

stress at times though. The one thing in

my life that I have is my scrapbooking and

it never causes me stress. It’s doesn’t get

crabby, it doesn’t get sick, it doesn’t make

me come in to work in the middle of the night,

it doesn’t cause financial stress (oh wait, I do

spend too much money sometimes :-)

Scrapbooking is my way of passing on my

life to others and my way of creating and

doing something positive. I’m not the best

but people do like my work and it makes me

happy to show someone a layout that I worked

hard and and to see them smile because of it.

Here is my supply list:

BVA_BrushSet_WornThreads

CVA_SSTools_Scripts_SupplyTracker

LDE_Graphite_Font

LDE_LongHand_Font

SNU_CamillesGarden_EmbMini_JewelBorder

SNU_CamillesGarden_EmbMini_VellumEnvelope

SNU_CamillesGarden_EmbMini_Wisteria-Shadow

SNU_CamillesGarden_PaperMini-Meadow

SNU_CamillesGarden_WrdArt-Butterfly

My two best friends and I have "girls day" every couple of months. This one took place in Tofino. We went mini golfing(assisted by a bottle of red wine), then stopped in at Chocolate Tofino for the biggest chocolate-covered strawberries ever! Girl talk, wine and chocolate. It doesn't get any better than this!

I've been getting the newsletter for quite a while but don't think I've posted before. This sounded like fun so decided to give it a try.

One of my favorite things to do is create photo montages. My daughter and I had an idea to try the "burst" function on the digital camera. It just naturally evolved into a video. Every time I watch it, I have a big smile on my face. I hope you enjoy it too.

This is so cute! She is so beautiful, then the silly cat. Great job!

This is a fun challenge and the prizes are more than generous - thank you. I plan to post a layout soon.

I'd also like to see a dedicated section in the gallery where all the entries could be viewed together. In my opinion, viewing in "gallery" mode ismuch friendlier than forum mode, one post at a time. That is, if setting up such a section isn't too much work. Again, thank you.

Vianna (in finally cooler Florida)

Such cute entries so far!!

I find tons of happiness in the fact that our kids are able to pursue their extracurricular desires. We have 6 kids, so we have a big variety of sports and interests of the arts. (well, one isn't quite walking yet..but we know he'll be just as active) So, I pulled together some pics and made a little slide show featuring their talents.

post-3733-040982100 1284780627_thumb.jpg

Here is mine! I thought about this & honestly there is nothing in this world that makes me happier than knowing my children will be with me in Heaven. This is a layout about my son's salvation. My daughter also accepted Christ when she was 7 & I have 2 more kids that I can't wait to experience this moment with! Actually - Kai was just asking me "When can I get saved, Mommy?" tonight!!! God is so good & I am so happy to have a safe place to share my faith (& the faith of my little ones!).

Thanks for this fun challenge, Ro! You can't beat everyone being a winner AND it was a great catalyst for getting this layout done - especially since it happened in 2007!

post-3733-040982100 1284780627_thumb.jpg

Here is mine! I thought about this & honestly there is nothing in this world that makes me happier than knowing my children will be with me in Heaven. This is a layout about my son's salvation. My daughter also accepted Christ when she was 7 & I have 2 more kids that I can't wait to experience this moment with! Actually - Kai was just asking me "When can I get saved, Mommy?" tonight!!! God is so good & I am so happy to have a safe place to share my faith (& the faith of my little ones!).

Thanks for this fun challenge, Ro! You can't beat everyone being a winner AND it was a great catalyst for getting this layout done - especially since it happened in 2007!

This is lovely Jenna. 2 out of 3 of mine have been saved and given their lives to the Lord. Praying for my third.

One of my favorite places is the aquarium in Monterey, it makes me very happy. My son (who is now 16) still loves to go to the aquarium with me. We spend the whole day together, laughing and talking. For those of you with 16 year olds you know that this is a rear occasion that I treasure. My favorite sea creature is the Leafy Sea Dragon and that is the layout that I did.

Supplies:

TKA_HuntSeas_paper_wooded_special

TYO_MosaicRetreat_Paper_GreenMarble

AMC_SSTools_Styles_JellyCandy_6101_LtGreen

post-15931-010452500 1284787201_thumb.jpg

Archived