Fun Friday: Game With Lots Of Prizes Including 2 Ipods! Everyone Wins Something!

ScrapGirlsRo

What a great contest Ro! It gave me a chance to reflect on the big picture instead of the small stuff, thank you for that.

Being a 2x cancer survivor (Hodgkins Lymphoma at age 25 and Breast Cancer at age 40) has provided me with a lot of opportunities to know what really makes me happy: My boys (who are a miracle considering everything) my family and friends; a beautiful sunset; flowers; being able to appreciate all of God's blessings.

Doing this was very emotionally rewarding for me - thank you for that!

post-14327-080505800 1284868977_thumb.jpg

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, since I failed miserably the first time when trying to share this layout, here is the post again (hopefully) in it's entirety!

I scrapped this layout when my daughter welcomed her true love home from his second tour in Iraq. The photo on the left is my daughter and "The Lt." taken at 4:30 AM after he got off the plane in Kentucky. The photo on the right is of "The Lt." and his brother, who picked him up at the airport in Philly and took them to see the rest of his family, which includes 6 siblings and a niece, age 13 months, who he is kissing in the small photo at the top.

Here is what makes me happy: Lt. Harp loves my daughter, and my daughter loves him; he is not only an Officer, but a gentleman; he is beyond wonderful with my 15 year old son who has Down syndrome; he knows how to have a good time no matter what the circumstances; and most of all - I am happy that he is now back home in the US, safe and unharmed, after serving our country.

Sandy

Supplies: MRS_SSemb Weather frames; MJO_SSYLO Brush Set 4x6 Date Frame; Elegant Word Art (2); Chanell Rigterink Instinctive Scrapper and DK_Patriotic-Freedom

post-15468-094337500 1284868064_thumb.jpg

To finally be HOME and with the ones I love, that is what makes me happy.....

Journaling reads:

The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at home in the bosom of my family.

-Thomas Jefferson

Credits:

Noteworthy (Syndee Nuckles)

Naturescape & Earthen Vessel (Thao Cosgrove)

ScrapSimple Paper Templates: Edgy, THIN (Dianne "Dinny" Miller)

Childhood Memories Collection Biggie (Mel Johnson)

Brush Set: Grungelle (Brandie Valenzuela)

ScrapSimple Tools - Styles: Basic Shadows 6501 & ScrapSimple Tools - Actions: Deep Shadows 6501 PSE and PS Biggie (Sarah Batdorf)

Thanks to Laurel Lakey for her inspiration with Our First Home

Hi, I have MANY things in my life that make me happy

Love your layout, Toni Ann - we are in Hendersonville, NC and love to go to Nashville - were you affected by the recent floods there? I am a huge Country Music fan - we go to the clubs on the strip and honestly, all the guys who were singing in them were amazing - guess that's how many were discovered and that's what they are hoping for too - they all were so good - but the strip itself is very loud and crowded and it was kind of hard navigating around - and oh, the homeless people we saw - it was so very sad.

Thanks Sara! No, we were not affected by the flood, luckily our home is on a hill. We had a little leaking around the chimney that messed up our bathroom ceiling a little and we also had belongings in a storage unit that had 2 inches of water and we had pictures and things on the floor that were ruined. They were protected, but the boxes just soaked up the water. Anyhow, that is nothing at all compared to what most went through. We were extremely fortunate.

And on the Nashville talent....you cannot go anywhere without hearing very talented people that have come here to make it big and never get discovered. I always tell people that like to karaoke...unless you are real good, you had better stay away. There are some awesome singers out there that should have the chance, believe me! Yes, I am getting too old to handle the noise of the strip and the crowds.

Thanks again for your comments!

TA

To finally be HOME and with the ones I love, that is what makes me happy.....

Journaling reads:

The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at home in the bosom of my family.

-Thomas Jefferson

Credits:

Noteworthy (Syndee Nuckles)

Naturescape (Thao Cosgrove)

Earthen Vessel (Thao Cosgrove)

ScrapSimple Paper Templates: Edgy, THIN (Dianne "Dinny" Miller)

Childhood Memories Collection Biggie (Mel Johnson)

ScrapSimple Tools - Styles: Basic Shadows 6501 & ScrapSimple Tools - Actions: Deep Shadows 6501 PSE and PS Biggie (Sarah Batdorf)

Thanks to Laurel Lakey for her inspiration with Our First Home

Beautiful, Karina - just beautiful - I'm still working on mine and trying to decide whether to go YouTube (something I have never done before but my teenager is saying, "Do it, Mom, do it - I'll help you" ) so I might just try it - but will still have to post my layout - it just seems the natural way to do it for me - he is so excited that he is going to teach me something that I may just have to do it for him! Yours is great!

OK, since I failed miserably the first time when trying to share this layout, here is the post again (hopefully) in it's entirety!

I scrapped this layout when my daughter welcomed her true love home from his second tour in Iraq. The photo on the left is my daughter and "The Lt." taken at 4:30 AM after he got off the plane in Kentucky. The photo on the right is of "The Lt." and his brother, who picked him up at the airport in Philly and took them to see the rest of his family, which includes 6 siblings and a niece, age 13 months, who he is kissing in the small photo at the top.

Here is what makes me happy: Lt. Harp loves my daughter, and my daughter loves him; he is not only an Officer, but a gentleman; he is beyond wonderful with my 15 year old son who has Down syndrome; he knows how to have a good time no matter what the circumstances; and most of all - I am happy that he is now back home in the US, safe and unharmed, after serving our country.

Sandy

Supplies: MRS_SSemb Weather frames; MJO_SSYLO Brush Set 4x6 Date Frame; Elegant Word Art (2); Chanell Rigterink Instinctive Scrapper and DK_Patriotic-Freedom

Yea! Sandy! You did it! WTG, girl! It's beautiful - you did a great job!

What a great contest Ro! It gave me a chance to reflect on the big picture instead of the small stuff, thank you for that.

Being a 2x cancer survivor (Hodgkins Lymphoma at age 25 and Breast Cancer at age 40) has provided me with a lot of opportunities to know what really makes me happy: My boys (who are a miracle considering everything) my family and friends; a beautiful sunset; flowers; being able to appreciate all of God's blessings.

Lovely, Maureen - you do nice work and I think your layout is just beautiful - It's nice to reach a point where one finally knows what makes them happy, isn't it?

Here is my video already in YouTube.

Its called "Happiest" check it out.

Products used: Angie Brigg's "HisNHers" Collection, Brandy Murry "Sassafrass" papers, Amanda Sok's "Eternal", and JDE_Staycation_icecream_Special

Wow! This is great. Am I glad I'm not the one to choose a winner. It's impossible.

Had to jump in to this Fun Friday game. The prizes are awesome but the fun was making the layout and laughing at all the pics I used about what makes me happy. I hope you all enjoy looking at what makes me happy, I sure do enjoy them.

:P

post-945-085624600 1284872220_thumb.jpg

post-945-054012900 1284872237_thumb.jpg

Had to jump in to this Fun Friday game. The prizes are awesome but the fun was making the layout and laughing at all the pics I used about what makes me happy. I hope you all enjoy looking at what makes me happy, I sure do enjoy them.

:P

Excellent! I really enjoyed watching your video! Great job - loved the layouts and the music!

This is beautiful. Hope you don't mind, but I would love to scraplift this layout.

This is beautiful. Hope you don't mind, but I would love to scraplift this layout.

Ditto, Belle - I agree - it IS beautiful - and what a story to go with it!

Well I just had to share that after the layout served as a catalyst for Kai to openly ask when he could get saved, Kai DID in fact accept Christ last night! He sat right here on our couch & prayed the sinners prayer with Bryan & me. I couldn't be more thrilled. :)

I am really enjoying all of the entries - Ro, I certainly don't envy you the job of picking the winners! LOL

Ditto, Belle - I agree - it IS beautiful - and what a story to go with it!

Thank you Belle & Sara! Belle - I'd love to see what you do with it - your LO's are beautiful!

This is my first time posting and my first digital scrapbook layout, so hopefully I will do this right, gulp!...

I love this challenge, not just for the awesome prizes but for the idea of what makes us happy, such a great focal point.

For me, I work from home as an artist so I appreciate all the companionship I can get, none more so than from my little fury pal, Mookie. Precious moments like these make me the happiest.

Thanks♥

Sharon

this is fun, as it should be.... and i would love some explanation of how to make a utube video? is there a tuts on that or someone who wants to let me know how you do that...with your scrapbook materials and lo

so since i dont know how to do that i have just created a lo that is about one thing in life that does make me happy...its the little moments...that involve children... all i can say is thank goodness for kids... when you are with them and you watch them learning thru play and interacting with the world...life is good... that makes me happy! take time to savor the little moments...

here is my lo about a little moment...

post-11113-059116600 1284919580_thumb.jpg

Wow-how much fun was this? I've never made a video. I've never used YouTube...(not even to watch videos)but I've had so much fun!! Thank you Ro for the fun and friendships. It took me a while to figure out what makes me happy. It's friends and family. I had so much fun with my SG friends in St. Louis last weekend, it made me think about the fun and monkey business in SLC last year. Enjoy!

Hope you enjoy my video: What makes me happy...

Wow-how much fun was this? I've never made a video. I've never used YouTube...(not even to watch videos)but I've had so much fun!! Thank you Ro for the fun and friendships. It took me a while to figure out what makes me happy. It's friends and family. I had so much fun with my SG friends in St. Louis last weekend, it made me think about the fun and monkey business in SLC last year. Enjoy!

Fun slideshow! I see Huck made an appearance :) Convention and last weekend with the Scrap Girls made me happy too!

this is fun, as it should be.... and i would love some explanation of how to make a utube video? is there a tuts on that or someone who wants to let me know how you do that...with your scrapbook materials and lo

so since i dont know how to do that i have just created a lo that is about one thing in life that does make me happy...its the little moments...that involve children... all i can say is thank goodness for kids... when you are with them and you watch them learning thru play and interacting with the world...life is good... that makes me happy! take time to savor the little moments...

What a beautiful LO Bobbie! Just beautiful

What a beautiful story, Bobbie - I left you some love in the Gallery - I love your Nathan's story - it was very sweet and oh, so gentle.

Fun slideshow! I see Huck made an appearance :) Convention and last weekend with the Scrap Girls made me happy too!

What a great job, Tiza - you did a wonderful job with your video - I enjoyed seeing all the smiling faces!

What a great job, Tiza - you did a wonderful job with your video - I enjoyed seeing all the smiling faces!

It's Conda's video - not mine. She sure did a great job with it.

It's Conda's video - not mine. She sure did a great job with it.

I can't figure out why the beginning slide isn't showing here... ??

Thanks ladies! I had fun making it!

Good luck picking out the winners for the IPODs Ro. EVERY ONE of these entries touched me.

So true...

Ditto to that! All of these entries are awesome - I can't imagine how you are going to choose a winner, Ro -

This was a tough decision- there are a lot of things that make me happy. (one of which is my husband, but it makes him happier not to have his picture used) But I baked today- it's finally cool enough after a long hiatus during the summer heat to make bread again.post-18355-022981000 1284928164_thumb.jpg

Archived