Fun Friday: Game With Lots Of Prizes Including 2 Ipods! Everyone Wins Something!

ScrapGirlsRo

This is my second "game" to participate in. I'm a "newbie" to ScrapGirls Message board. I just got back a week ago from a week long trip to the beach with my family. That is where these pictures were taken of my sister and our brother's son. He is our only nephew so far because I'm not married and my sister hasn't had any kids yet. So, he is our pride and joy and as you can see in the pictures, he brings us lots of joy through laughter!

post-20179-057144600 1284993517_thumb.jpg

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been lurking and buying, but this post came along just when I had something to say about my daughter, who's just gone to boarding school. She's doing great, but we miss her terribly. So this is the story of our first visit. I was happy because she was so happy. I used the "From the Desk Of" Kit, but did some colorizing to jazz it up a little. Thanks for making me get the story on paper while it was still fresh in my mind!

Beautiful layout and very sweet story. Glad she's adjusted. I remember when I went to boarding school - just happened to look out my window only to see my Mom and Dad driving away and suddenly it hit me - they were gone and I was there! My first few days were filled with being so homesick, but I adjusted eventually - and like your daughter, I had a blast!

This is my entry for the challenge. It's also my first time to upload a design here, so if I did anything wrong according to the Terms of Use, please let me know.

What makes me happy is my best friend for 34 years and husband for 30 years, my two beautiful all-grown-up children, and my furbabies. Izzy and BeBop are on the left, and were adopted November 2008. Izzy is a Tortieshell, and a little flirt. BeBop is a Toyger, and a very quite gentleman. Gidget is in the center and departed from this earth April 2008. She now lives at the Rainbow Bridge and is an angel. Cinderella is on the right, and is now 9 years old. She's a Blue Heeler.

Credits: Digital Scrapbook Artist 2

The kit I used is called Golden Days from Lindalou Creations; however I altered the colors.

VERY VERY new to this stuff but thought I would try my hand at the challenge. Definitely enjoyable (and, if I'm perfectly honest, at times a little frustrating) but have a finished product to share. Still so much to learn!!

I used the Peaceful Collection Biggie and also the ScrapSimple Digital Layout Templates: Wild Tiles

I'm happy to share just a few of the things that make me happy... my niece and nephews, my godchildren, my husband, my flowers, my furry babies, nature! life!! I am very blessed!

post-20506-096968900 1285004794_thumb.jpg

Everyone who knows me well knows that I would have liked to have 20 kids. That was not meant to be. Now I try to have special relationships with all my nieces and nephews and their kids. There is one very special great nephew because when I lost my second job in as many years my niece asked me to babysit for Nick. I was suffering from depression with no insurance and desperate for a way out of my funk. I don’t think I could have gotten out of bed on many days if I wasn’t looking forward to being with Nick. I love every minute of the time I spend with him. When he started laughing and developing his personality it meant the world to me. So, I guess you could say, that Nick makes me happy.

P.S. There are some other things that make me happy, traveling, photography, ScrapGirls (who was also there when I was going through this rough time) and my family

post-13661-049763300 1285006558_thumb.jpg

Happy? That would be growing up with joy. Our kids are marrying, moving, having our grandchildren,

maturing into valuable, contributing members of our societies and the adults we have prayed they would become.

And my less full frig is a symbol of this. It has been decades in its coming, but it is here. And, we are glad.

post-16409-041413600 1285011259_thumb.jpg

This has been just an amazing week - I think this game has brought out so many memories and thoughts that maybe we all thought were hidden - I have really enjoyed seeing all of the submissions and especially enjoyed seeing so many newbies join in - Thank you, Ro for a great game! It's been a blast!

VERY VERY new to this stuff but thought I would try my hand at the challenge. Definitely enjoyable (and, if I'm perfectly honest, at times a little frustrating) but have a finished product to share. Still so much to learn!!

I used the Peaceful Collection Biggie and also the ScrapSimple Digital Layout Templates: Wild Tiles

I'm happy to share just a few of the things that make me happy... my niece and nephews, my godchildren, my husband, my flowers, my furry babies, nature! life!! I am very blessed!

post-20506-096968900 1285004794_thumb.jpg

I love the way you have used the tiles. I have to scraplift this. Well done.

Here is my contribution. It sure makes me smile. I recently had surgery and it was really tough coming out of the anethesia fog. I have my DH and my Lord to thank for encouraging me to hang in there and give it time and 5 days of sleep. Hope you enjoy!

Barb

Revised Link - could not get my great collection of songs to be acceptable.

There are a lot of things that make me happy. One of them is seeing my kids' smiling faces. There are days when I want to pull my hair out but I know that someday I will miss this time.

Thanks for the game.

Products used:

TCS_SSPaper_BeautifulDistress_Aged

ASO_SeaGlass

post-17619-037459200 1285035025_thumb.jpg

I'm still in puppy mode, so I have done a layout about my adorable puppies with journaling about a funny experience I had with them recently. :-)

Here's a link where I posted it and you can see the credits. I'm not sure if you'll be able to read the journaling here, so I've posted it with the credits just in case. :-)

Everyone's submission's have been so wonderful!

Here is mine...I try very hard to recognize the little day to day things that make me happy.

Journaling around the heart: "Kisses, hugs, flowers, a new recipe, a good book, yummy snacks, apples on my tree, a layout that I love, chaperoning field trips, rainbows, flags flying in the wind."

post-8176-036745500 1285040961_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the challenge to get me back motivated - it's been a really long time.

This is a layout of my oldest dd and one of her BFF. They both have a slightly odd sense of humor, and it just makes me happy to watch them. They come up with some of the strangest ideas, but I love that my dd has someone she has a ton of fun with, and I know they're just having good clean fun, not getting themselves into any kind of trouble. They've gotten so I think they go out of their way to be a little (or a lot) bizarre. It makes me happy to always expect the unexpected with them!

Oddballs

We had only been a few days in the states when I found I had left my main external hard drive with all my pictures and scrapbooking stuff on my desk in Mexico. I still had to get a prayer card together for a missions conference that was two days away. And this is what I was able to do in that time with the few resources I had. That made me very happy! (Especially since I didn't have a good family photo to pull from.) LOL! but really serving the Lord in Mexico with my family brings joy and even more than that is seeing His handiwork in Mexico. I won't see that hard drive for about 10 months but that's ok. I've got peace that it will work out. The picture isn't the full prayer card I wasn't sure what I could and couldn't post so I kept it safe. -smile- to top it off it's 10:50 pm when I found out about this fun game. So I wanted to pop mine in too. We are using travelers internet. That's trying to find internet while traveling. haha. Thanks for the fun! I look forward to seeing everyone elses joy the next time I get internet!

post-8086-092661700 1285041349_thumb.jpg

Well, here goes.... I along with what looks like many others am posting and trying this for the first time, even though I am a long time supporter and fan of Scrap Girls. One thing that makes me happy is Flowers. I love seeing them, smelling them, growing them, taking closeup pictures of them..... guess I LOVE them ! Hope everyone enjoys the slideshow I put together...especially since it took me almost all day to get it figured out and finally get it uploaded.

Darlene

Short version....

Longer version...

Happy? That would be growing up with joy. Our kids are marrying, moving, having our grandchildren,

maturing into valuable, contributing members of our societies and the adults we have prayed they would become.

And my less full frig is a symbol of this. It has been decades in its coming, but it is here. And, we are glad.

I love this. I think it is so clever.

Happiness is . . .

a new baby

Some of you have seen some of my previous pages chronicling the loss of two precious babies in 2008. Since then, the Lord has not seen fit to allow us to become pregnant until just now. How much joy abounded in our house tonight when I brought home the 13 week ultrasound pictures of our precious HEALTHY baby. Praise the Lord!

Materials used:

Back Porch Collection

Vintage Nursery Collection

Vellum Style Pack

Happiness is . . .

a new baby

Some of you have seen some of my previous pages chronicling the loss of two precious babies in 2008. Since then, the Lord has not seen fit to allow us to become pregnant until just now. How much joy abounded in our house tonight when I brought home the 13 week ultrasound pictures of our precious HEALTHY baby. Praise the Lord!

Materials used:

Back Porch Collection

Vintage Nursery Collection

Vellum Style Pack

Amber, you brought tears to my eyes! I'm so happy for you, and I wish you the happiest, most comfortable pregnancy ever!

This is a great game. I try not to take my fantastic "boys" for granted but here is an opportunity to show them off.

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk7/wendy-lou_album/HappinessisFamily.jpg

Hmm, I don't have a link as the rest of you do, what procedure would I follow?

You have to use the full edit button on the bottom. It will allow you to browse for your layout and attach it. (That is I think you attach it.)

Archived