Pse 9 For The Mac.....

mrstucci

I just saw that Adobe released the new PSE for the Mac. Here is the link: http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshopel/features/?view=topoverall

I don't know yet if I am going to buy it but knowing me (always on the lookout for the latest and greatest versions of anything), I probably will. I didn't check the price......... Judy

I just saw that Adobe released the new PSE for the Mac. Here is the link: http://www.adobe.com...view=topoverall

I don't know yet if I am going to buy it but knowing me (always on the lookout for the latest and greatest versions of anything), I probably will. I didn't check the price......... Judy

You can thank ME for release of a new PSE. I just upgraded from PSE4 to PSE 8 at the beginning of the month.rofl.gif

Did you see that they've added Organizer to the Mac version??? YIPPEEEE! Finally I'll be able to sort things properly and find and place them seamlessly. That's the main thing I missed about my PC.

If you just purchased and registered PSE v8, check with Adobe and see if they won't honor the upgrade. Something in the back of my mind says that they will but it has to be within a timeframe. Good luck!!

I'm going to order v9 today. I can't wait to get my hands on it. I think of that crazy picture on the SG website where the brunette is biting her keyboard--that's how I feel. :-)

Bonnie-let me know how installation goes and all that. I was reading some postings that talked about an out-of-bounds thing-I wonder if the Mac version has that....... What are you using to organize your stuff now? I use Picasa. Well, gotta go. Looking forward to your review when you have time, Judy

I have Adobe Bridge CS4 that came with my PSE 8. I liked bridge with PSE 4, so it's working for me (but I don't like it as much as the version with PSE 4). What's the difference between Bridge and Organizer? And Bonnie, thanks for the thought about the upgrade. I think I'll ask. I recently read a great "fortune of the day" that said, "When you don't ask, the answer is always 'No'." I think that applies here.

Re: PSE. I am still using PSE5 on my PC and for what I do, I love it. But I purchased PSE8 for my Mac and then my daughter-in-law needed to borrow my computer as hers crashed. So I have not even used it. The other day I was about to download a trial version of PSE8 to my PC and now I see there is a PSE9. Help...I will listen to your suggestions. (hope I didn't confuse you) Does it stand to reason to just get version 9?

Thanks for your opinions. I value what you long time scrappers have to say.

Lynn

Did you see my Out of Bounds layout in the Scrap Girls Club Gallery? I just taught that technique and now they have a new way of automating that. I guess it just endorses the fact that their is more than one way to do something in PSE. I'm here in the Florida Keys right now. We brought my husband's boat down here to be sold. It's a Florida Flats boat. They don't understand it in central Virginia! Hopefully the new software will be there when I get home in a few days. I can't wait to try it.

Hi-just took a look at the out-of-bounds layout and I am very, very impressed with how it turned out!! Wow! It looked perfect. :happy039:

I would really like if the new PSE (for the Mac) would make the out-of-bounds just a click and it's done. ;-> Judy

My pc crashed and I only had a zipped install file of PSE7. I went to buy and resister it today and could only purchase PSE9. For PC it was only $99 and has a $20 mail in rebate!

See my sad face for being forced to buy the latest version?

:giggle_bear:

It was terribly traumatic. *le sigh*

And I just got a call from CompUSA, they've had my desktop since Monday. They wiped the hard drive, said it took hours and hours to reinstall the operating system and that "wasn't good". Gross understatement. LOL. At any rate, the hard drive failed the majority of their tests, so this morning I get to go pick out a new one.

And to keep this on topic (even though I'm butting in on a Mac thread!) I used PSE9 all evening last night and I love it!

Geez, first you 'had' to upgrade to PSE9 and now you 'have' to buy a new hard drive.......... Life is really tough for you now isn't it? (violins are playing....)

I haven't upgraded to PSE9 yet. What do you like about it? Does it have a tool or something to do an out-of-bounds layout? I would love it if it did! I want something magical so that all I have to do is to click and presto, change-o, the photo or whatever is cut out. Also, one other question: with PSE8 I have duplicate Adobe styles when the program is open-not in the folder where they are but only when it's open. And it's only Adobe's styles, not the ones that I have purchased. I have posted this dilemma before and I know that there are others having the same issue. I would upgrade in a heartbeat if the duplicate styles issue was resolved! I have enough to scroll through without having doubles!!! Oh, in reading your post again, it looks like you are using PSE9 for a PC so maybe this wasn't an issue before (duplicates) with the PC version. Judy

Art-C: have you used PSE9 yet? I am curious about the issue I talked about in my last posting about duplicates. Have you (or anyone else using PSE9 for the Mac) noticed if the duplication problem is gone??? Judy

Judy, I'm still pretty much a newbie with PSE at all. I've used Paint Shop Pro 7 for years and years, and while it's good for basic, quick things, it won't handle PNG files. When I decided to start digi-scrapping in August, that's when I made the switch to PSE.

I see. I know there is tons of stuff in my PSE8 that I don't utilize and tons of stuff (actions, styles, etc.) that I have bought and not used too. I keep saying when I have time I will........... blah, blah, blah. Judy

• 3 weeks later...

I wished you lived closer and I'd show you how to do it. To be honest, I haven't tried it with v9 yet, but it's not hard to do. I taught it at a Digi Crop Club we have here in Richmond and one of the ladies had a great pic she'd taken in Orlando at one of the theme parks. It was of a big dinosaur coming out of the trees with the tops of vehicles along the bottom. She created her Out-Of-Bounds and the dinosaur was coming off the photo. Really neat!

I do a lot of repairs to vintage photos and they seemed to have improved the Healing Tool in v9. It's not so "random". I think it will save me a lot of time and effort. Other than a rotating the photos constantly (I drag my wrists along the bottom of my MacBook Pro), everything in v9 seems to be smooth.

• 2 weeks later...

I just stumbled across this thread and wanted to chime in. I had a 30 trial of PSE9 that I was able to use just a few times. My limited experience convinced me that I will be buying it when it is released in November...hopefully Costco will have a discounted version with a tutorial DVD like they did with PSE8. Does anyone know if it is easier to install actions than it was with 6 and 8? I never was able to get that done!

Hi BK! Off topic but I heard that you had some snow! Yuk. Or maybe you like it. Hear it is very warm and muggy with a tornado watch and a threat of some possibly nasty weather coming.....

Anyway, I have my PSE9 package sitting right here, waiting for me to install it so I can't really answer your question but my one thought is that it couldn't be anymore complicated! I got mine through Amazon. It was like$90 and there is a $20 rebate and free shipping.

Not sure if I am going to install it tonight or not. Will let you know how it goes when I do install it though. Judy (MeMaw to Austin and to a granddaughter who will arrive in April-a girl, a new experience for me.......but I am so looking forward to it!)

Well, you're sure right about that! Can't get any more complicated than PSE8 is. Did your copy come with a DVD tutorial? The one I got with 8 was very helpful and I'm hoping to get the same with the new version.

Yep, there was a layer of the white stuff on the ground yesterday....way too early for my tastes. I's all gone now and was actually kind of pretty with the fall colors. Seems like LaNina is coming for a visit this winter...longer and wetter than usual. Researching rentals in Arizona...

Well, let me know when you get it up and running....I've decided I'll pick up a copy at Costco when they get them in. I just deleted my PSE 6 because I hated the dark background and NEVER did figure out how to load actions. I don't look forward to adding my extensive collection of brushes and styles, but from what I read, it will be worth it.

Archived