Designing In 12x12 But Printing In 8x8 Or ?

mrstucci

I am new to the world of digi scrapping and have been reading a bit here and there on the message boards. I have done a couple of pages. I use a Mac with PSE4 and have a regular size Epson printer (not a photo printer). What I am curious about is that I have read a couple of postings where people have done their layouts in 12x12 and then printed them out in other sizes. What are the advantages to that? Are there any problems in resizing them to whatever size you want? Obviously I can't print in a 12x12 format nor am I close to a Costco so the couple of pages that I have done have been 8.5x11. And as far as that goes I should be doing my designing in a smaller size so that nothing gets cutoff when I print, right? Please bear with me, I am learning! Thanks, Judy

Nope, you can design in 12 x12 and even save in 12x12 if you want. Then, when you're ready to print, bring your .jpg version up in PSE, go to Image>Resize>Image Size, and in the lower half of that window, change the size to 8 x 8. There are several big advantages to saving in that size, the greatest of which is saving on paper and ink costs. (Not to mention not needing a wide format printer!) You also save money on album, since 8x8 albums generally cost less.

HTH!

Just be careful...
designing your pages 12 x 12 is advantageous because you can always resize and print smaller if you want to. Just don't design smaller and expect to print larger later...you'll lose resolution and the quality won't be that great.

Also consider your journalling...Type may look great on a 12x12 page, but whe you resize to 8x8 it becomes too small.

HTH Too!

I agree about that desiging in 12X12 and printing in 8x8 or another smaller size is the way to go. I get around the journaling issue by reducing the LO to 8x8 BEFORE adding journaling! This way it fits the LOL as well as being able to be read.

Good luck

Archived