October Monthly Layout Contest

PBarnes

October is National Family History Month in the United States but we can celebrate our family's history no matter what part of the world we live in. For this month's contest, we want you to do a layout telling a story from your family's history. Was there a black sheep in the family or someone who was a person of prominence? Did someone sacrifice a lot to keep their family together? Everybody has some story of note from their past. If you don't have photos of the particular member(s) of your family that the story centers on, think about using a photo of a place where the story happened or just do a journaling page with embellishments that evoke a feeling from the time. Post your layouts in the October Gallery before Midnight MT on October 31st. Be sure to list your credits in the description or under the EXIF Properties. If your layout is one of the two chosen, you will win a $10 gift certificate to the Scrap Girls Boutique!

Post your finished layouts in the October Contest Gallery.

Conda, I thought this one would be easier than last month's. :) It can be a big story or just a little story. I'll bet you'll think of something.

I just can't think of any "family" stories...let me get my work done, then when I'm out of the office, maybe I can think! ;)

Oh wait.......define "family"....LOL just had an idea, but may not "quite" be traditional family...if you know what I mean. LOL

LOL Conda. I would say we could interpret "family" as anyone related to you by blood or marriage, or people that are close enough to you to consider them family. Does that help. :)

Just the definition I was looking for! 6.gif6.gif6.gif

I think I am going to tell my family history since last year...just me and my hubbby, then me hubby and foster baby, then me, hubby, baby, and my 2 step kids, then me, hubby, 2 step kids, foster baby, and foster toddler, then me, hubby, foster toddler, 2 step kids, then me, hubby, 2 step kids, foster toddler, and 2 more foster kids . . . . I like this idea!

I think I am going to tell my family history since last year...just me and my hubbby, then me hubby and foster baby, then me, hubby, baby, and my 2 step kids, then me, hubby, 2 step kids, foster baby, and foster toddler, then me, hubby, foster toddler, 2 step kids, then me, hubby, 2 step kids, foster toddler, and 2 more foster kids . . . . I like this idea!

Great story Laura!! Go for it!

Great challenge, Pat - I really like it. I'm going to sit most everything out this month or at least for right now - but I'll be cheering everyone on from the sidelines. :2468who-do-we-appreciate: :2468who-do-we-appreciate:

I totally forgot to check out the October layout contest... and I just looked in the gallery, nobody has posted a layout yet! This one is going to take some thinking, and obviously I'm not the only one having to think! I could just do the history of my immediate family over the last 5 years... DH and me, then each of our two girls... but I actually have another idea that will be a very difficult layout for me. Just will have to get the gumption to do it.

I really can't believe I'm the first to post for the contest this month. Everyone must be thinking VERY hard about this one! Anyway, here is mine. I decided to outline my family as it has grown in the last 5 years rather than something from the past. I'm happy being with my family as it is now... and that's what counts!

I struggled over this challenge, but finially got it done. It is about Jim Bridger, who was my great-grandfather Bridger's first cousin. (Bridger is my maiden name.) I did a double page, because I couldn't get everything I wanted on one.

Jim Bridger - Mountain Man

Archived