Photoshop Plugins

SandiC.

I'm finally getting a little more comfortable with using PS CS5 now and am looking at plugins. Most wouldn't be used directly for scrapping, but maybe, but for photos, there are so many out there. One freebie I ordered was onOne's PhotoTools 2.5 Free, truly a freebie and not just a free trial. It has 18 of the hundreds of photo effects in the full version. I saw this demonstrated at PSW in Vegas and it was amazing, fabulous effects taking a really good photo and making it a true fine art photo. I know there are several HDR plugins too. I'm just cracking the surface of HDR photography and I know its all the rage now, but I'm overwhelmed with choices. I don't want to overspend, but some of these programs take PS out into orbit. I'd love to hear what everyone is using and why and how you use it.

Sandi, I would like to get several plug-in for my PS too - I kind of like the one you mentioned and think I will check that one out now. Please keep me posted on any others you like and find - thinking you are the Photoshop expert around here right now!

• 2 weeks later...

Sandi -

I have two of OnOne's plug-ins - Photo Tools Professional and Photo Frames Pro - I had purchased both original versions, so was able to upgrade to the latest versions at quite an attractive price. Although pricey, they add so much to photos, it is amazing. They also have free presets for Adobe's Camera Raw and Lightroom that are pretty amazing, especially for FREE. I find myself using these plug-ins most of the time - I have done both Senior Pictures and Wedding Photos with Photo Tools Pro and people are amazed that I did those pix. I opted to get Photo Tools over Lightroom, and have not regretted doing so. I like the Photo Frames for 4 x 6 snapshots and use it often. It makes quite a difference, in my opinion!

Have fun choosing!

Sandi, I'm using Noiseware a lot!

I have the Professional plug-in ($69.95) and it's been worth every penny to me!

I have the other two plug-ins from Imagenomic too, Real Grain and Portraiture, but I'm not using them very frequently since I also use LR and I do there what those two would do for me in Photoshop...

But removing noise and other things with Noiseware is a timesaver and I don't think I could do without it!

Robin, that's exactly what i wanted to hear. I did get the free version on PhotoTools, it has about 24 of the effects from PhotoTools Pro. PhotoFrames looks great too and I plan on downloading the free version as well as the LR presets. I just wasn't sure if they were really worth the expense, but it sounds like your answer is yes. Thanks for the input.

Oboy - something else I am going to just have to have now - thanks for all the input - I'm going to check this out today - sounds like something i would like and NEED - wow! my NEEDS are just really getting to be many lately! LOL

Sandi, I'm using Noiseware a lot!

I have the Professional plug-in ($69.95) and it's been worth every penny to me!

I have the other two plug-ins from Imagenomic too, Real Grain and Portraiture, but I'm not using them very frequently since I also use LR and I do there what those two would do for me in Photoshop...

But removing noise and other things with Noiseware is a timesaver and I don't think I could do without it!

I really need this- off to download the trial. I know I've read about it before, but couldn't remember exactly what it was to go pick it up. Thanks Thess!

Archived