Need Another Way To View New Content On The Message Board?

DDecker

If you are like me and depend on the "what's new" button to stay up to date with the boards it's no fun when the button is not working. There is another way to keep up to date though! Subscribe to the MB's RSS feed. Here is a screen shot of where to find it.

Internet Explorer - click the orange button and when the RSS feed opens click the "subscribe" buttton, you will then find posts in your favorites under Feeds or you can add it to your favorites tool bar.

Firefox - Click the orange button and use the drop down box to choose what reader to use.

Google Reader

Outlook

Vista & Windows 7 Sidebar gadget RSS reader

From your phone

There are so many ways to view an RSS it would be impossible to give directions to all of them but most are pretty easy!

Great idea Dee!! Never realized how much I relied on that little button! lol...I've never done RSS before...which reader does everyone use (and why) I have a PC w Windows 7, and and Android phone. (might be fun to have it on my phone too!!)

An RSS or web feed (news feed) is a data format used for providing users with frequently updated content. Content distributors syndicate a web feed, thereby allowing users to subscribe to it.

Usually if there is a RSS feed available you will see an orange button somewhere on the page. Ours is right beside the View new Content button.

There are a number of different ways to "read" and RSS feed. The first image below shows where your RSS feeds are stored in IE8.

The second image shows how feeds look within the IE8 reader.

It's a little different in FireFox. You can see the thread titles from your favorites but have to come to the MB to read them.

Or you can install an addon to read within Firefox, I installed Feedly reader

There's also Google reader. Usually when you click the button to add the RSS feed, there's an option to add it to Reader. And if you have a Gmail account, it's pretty easy to access. There's a link to it at the very top of the screen.

Archived