October Fun Friday! Game With Lots Of Prizes!

ScrapGirlsRo

This is my first post to ScrapGirls message board. I have been "lurking" and buying products and just getting more confident in digital scrapping. I absolutely LOVED the idea of this challenge, so Ro you motivated me to set up an account and get going. We have a crazy 2 1/2 year old little man, who is always doing or saying something that cracks us up. We converted his crib to a "big boy bed" and the first words out of his mouth were "it's broken." Of course, being stubborn Mom that I am, I had to try to convince him that it wasn't broken. Anyhow, he enjoyed the freedom and the call of the wild that night (and a few more after that of course) which motivated me to make this layout. Plus, I love to brag about the little guy, so this was fun, I can't wait to see more of the participants!

I'm hoping I am giving credit to all the SO TALENTED designers whose supplies I've used:

MRE_Extinct_Paper

PWR_IAm_Emb_Special

DEB_SS_Alpha_Pearl_Edged_Monogrammed

: ) Mindy

Our little man was a 2 1/2 pound preemie. He was snuggle king in the NICU - always snuggling with us and the nurses. Don't these former preemies just make you so proud?

Here's the story my daughter hates to hear. :lol:

Tiny Table Dancer

Journaling:

Even when you were a 3 1/2 pound preemie,

the nurses said you were dancing in your isolette!

When you were two years old, we caught you dancing on the coffee table.

When asked to please get down, you stood up tall and announced:

“I only dance on TABLES!”

Hello everyone--just registered and here is my first post--let's hope it works! This video was taken last Christmas, but with Halloween just around the corner, I thought it might be helpful to scare away those monsters that will be lurking in our streets soon! Love the conviction my then 2 year old had & still has!

Post-wedding conversation I had with my son, regarding the contents of a gift basket we received...

Wilder: "What's this?" [Translation: Can I have it?]

Me: "What does it look like?"

Wilder: "I don't know..." [Translation: But can I have it anyway?]

Me: "What does it say it is on the label?"

Wilder: "Welches sparkling red grape juice cocktail non-alcoholic..."

[Translation: So... can I have it?]

Me: "Then that's probably what it is."

Wilder: "When are you going to drink it?"

[Translation: Why not let me have it right now? Why are you waiting?]

Me: "I don't know. Maybe later."

Wilder: "There's two bottles, you know."

[Translation: You could let me have this one, and still have one for yourself later.]

Me: "I know."

Wilder: "Who gave them to you?"

[Translation: I'm sure whoever it is wouldn't mind if you gave it to me. Your son.]

Me: "I don't know. They were wrapped with cards that said 'Cindy' and 'Shane', but didn't say anywhere who they were from."

Wilder: "Oh." [Translation: So.... can I have it?]

Me: "Is your room clean?"

Wilder: "Um, almost." [Translation: Time to leave.]

I couldn't resist on getting into this one! This just happened the other day. My daughter Marcella and I were in the kitchen and she goes to get a Twinkie out of the box. She opens it up and takes a bite then started singing "Twinkie, Twinkie." (to the tune of the old slinky commercial)I had such a good laugh over that and even had to share it with my friends on Facebook.

You should be able to read my layout but if not...

A cute and funny story - Marcella: (starts eating a Twinkie then begins to sing) "Twinkie, Twinkie, hey mom...isn't there a song for this?" Mom: "OMG...that's Slinky not Twinkie!" (Laughs) Marcella: (Laughs) "oh, haha." Mom: "I have to post this on Facebook."

Later we were trying to come up with our own lyrics for Twinkie but with the Slinky tune. :) It was too funny.

Gina M Miller

~Do one thing each day that makes you happy~

I have made 3 bookmarks on one layout for my entry. I have printed, laminated and handed each child and parent a copy. The kids enjoyed reading about all the things that they said when they were litte. Hope this counts as one entry.

The lion peed on my brother!

This story happened in the 1960s when my skinny brother was about 7. We were on our summer holiday.

Journalling reads:

Born Free had recently been showing at the cinema and one of the lions that had starred in the film was making a guest appearance at the local zoo. Of course we had to go!

The lion (a mangy old thing as I remember) was in a cage with its keeper and around the cage was a low fence, the sort you might use to pen in pet rabbits.

The keeper made the lion do some tricks, my brother and I, already at the front of the crowd, pressed closer. The keeper cracked his whip, the lion paced the cage – the excitement was palpable. Then, the beast, with its back towards us lifted its tail…. and began to pee. Gallons of it flew up in the air and landed like rain on the ground outside its cage.

Everyone rushed for cover; everyone except my brother. His homemade sweater had snagged on the wire fence and, held fast, he was receiving a mighty shower!

My dad, instantly appraising the situation, lifted his jacket over his head and, braving the torrent of urine that was still falling from the sky, dove in to rescue his son and heir.

Needless to say our evening’s entertainment was cut short and my bedraggled brother and soggy father were led home to bathe and change.

End.

No long term harm done I’m glad to report. My brother grew to be a very tall, strapping young man and my dad is now a sprightly 85 year old. Perhaps both due to the hidden powers of lion pee !?

Supplies:

ABR SSPaper BittyPattern

BMU SSPaper BGBlenders 2

CED SSPaper Textures

DMI SSPaper Edgy

ABL Industrial Strength Frame Special

JHI EMB Washed and Worn

STI Promise Matte

DCA Handmadeflower

EHI RSVP paper

SBA Becoming button

This is the first time I have submitted a layout - I've been learning about digital scrapbooking for a few years. Guess it's time to take the plunge and what a better way to do that than with a fun family story. My then 2 yr. old granddaughter, Ava, always struggled to be heard about her 8 yr. old sister, Anna, and her 6 yr. old brother Aiden. Being the third child, to this day, Ava is quite resourceful. A couple of years ago, she had quite a command of language - she had to in order to be noticed, I guess. But she sometimes mixed up her words or pronounced them incorrectly. Needless to say, her word for sandwich (shamitch) has stayed with the family along with a few other favorites. It was fun doing this layout and I hope others enjoy it.

Products used:

AMC_Doodlelicious

MJO_SS_DLOAlbum_Photobook1

Boopee and Arial fonts

This is my entry. I still laugh every time I tell this story. She just looked liked she had given up trying to tell her teacher otherwise:

Journaling:

Miranda Vivian Bratcher grew up, from the moment she was born, being called Randi by her family and friends. When she went to preschool, her teachers called her Randi, and when she learned to write her name, “Randi” was what she was taught. When Randi entered kindergarten in September 1999, I, her mother, went to parent orientation. I noticed that all around the room, the teacher had put “Miranda” on her cubby, seat and hook. I introduced myself to the teacher, Mrs. Brown, and told her that we all called her Randi and that was the name she was taught to write. She wouldn’t recognize Miranda and probably wouldn’t respond to it. Mrs. Brown primly answered, “Well, it’s my job to teach her, isn’t it?” I let it go. A few weeks later Randi brought home papers she had colored and completed in school. Across the top in her child writing was “Miranda.” I excitedly said, “Randi, did you write this across your page all by yourself?” and she shrugged as though she’d given up and said, “Yeah, my teacher seems to think my name’s Miranda!” I laughed while trying to explain to her that her name was Miranda and about nicknames.

Scrapgirl products used:

School Time Collection Biggie

ScrapSimple Styles: Basic Shadows 6501

Ro, what a fun game! I am trying to find some time to enter mine - I have a grandson who says the funniest things - but he does not think he is being funny and if we laugh, he gets very upset because he is being very serious - trying to figure out a way to do a layout with some of his "Campbellisms" as I call them - he's a hoot - hope to get it submitted by tonight, but i have really enjoyed seeing all of the other entries!

The lion peed on my brother!

This story happened in the 1960s when my skinny brother was about 7. We were on our summer holiday.

Journalling reads:

Born Free had recently been showing at the cinema and one of the lions that had starred in the film was making a guest appearance at the local zoo. Of course we had to go!

The lion (a mangy old thing as I remember) was in a cage with its keeper and around the cage was a low fence, the sort you might use to pen in pet rabbits.

The keeper made the lion do some tricks, my brother and I, already at the front of the crowd, pressed closer. The keeper cracked his whip, the lion paced the cage – the excitement was palpable. Then, the beast, with its back towards us lifted its tail…. and began to pee. Gallons of it flew up in the air and landed like rain on the ground outside its cage.

Everyone rushed for cover; everyone except my brother. His homemade sweater had snagged on the wire fence and, held fast, he was receiving a mighty shower!

My dad, instantly appraising the situation, lifted his jacket over his head and, braving the torrent of urine that was still falling from the sky, dove in to rescue his son and heir.

Needless to say our evening’s entertainment was cut short and my bedraggled brother and soggy father were led home to bathe and change.

End.

No long term harm done I’m glad to report. My brother grew to be a very tall, strapping young man and my dad is now a sprightly 85 year old. Perhaps both due to the hidden powers of lion pee !?

Supplies:

ABR SSPaper BittyPattern

BMU SSPaper BGBlenders 2

CED SSPaper Textures

DMI SSPaper Edgy

ABL Industrial Strength Frame Special

JHI EMB Washed and Worn

STI Promise Matte

DCA Handmadeflower

EHI RSVP paper

SBA Becoming button

LOVED your story! It made me laugh outloud!

Our little man was a 2 1/2 pound preemie. He was snuggle king in the NICU - always snuggling with us and the nurses. Don't these former preemies just make you so proud?

They certainly do! what a blessing they are!

What a Fun project idea! Just the kind of challenge for a first timer! - Immediately, I knew what I wanted to scrap for the Funny Story Challenge!-- My 14 year old son wanted to play in my 3 year old niece's toy car - despite the size difference. The cartoonish photos themselves, I think, tell the story and how Dad saved the day! (read from TOP L to TOP R and then BOTTOM L tant be look o BOTTOM R) The expression on my niece's face [inset photo] expresses what she thought about those big boys playing with HER car! I started with a great background [sG_Refresh2_paperMST_Stainedorange and then "played" with all the buttons! :D

Our youngest dog who is just over a year old and is named Rocket and he fits his name perfectly! He has quite the personality of his own.

My husband is known by me and all of his kids to not like any pets on his bed, much less on his pillow or the sheets. Needless to say Rocket thinks other wise. Not only does he like to lay on our bed, but he thinks my husband's pillow is the spot where he belongs. If the bed is made he will dig at the covers until he exposes the pillow and the sheet and then politely plop down with his head and body on my husband's pillow. I took this photo with my cell phone and showed it to my husband, he was not amused. I laugh at it every time I see it.

The journaling reads: "What do you mean Daddy doesn't like me laying on his pillow? This is my favorite spot. Can't you see I belong here?"

I used Amanda Sok's ASO_Jif6 for the layout.

Thanks for such a fun and funny contest. I've enjoyed reading and looking at all the humorous stories!!!

I haven't had a lot of time for the past five or so days. My almost-4-year-old has said some really funny things, but I didn't get my act together to do a layout of them. Instead, I chose something that happens in our house almost every evening that makes us all laugh. I used:

STI_ChocKiss_hearttab4 with SNU_SSTools_Styles_Damask_6302-Periwinkle;

VRA_ThemePark_PaperPlain_Pink;

ASO_Denim_TransparencyOverlay_Spcl_12x12;

VRA_ThemePark_12x12_YellowOrange;

STI_ChocKiss_brownsnap;

STI_ChocKiss_peachsnap;

STI_ChocKiss_ribbon2;

VRA_ThemePark_Emb_PhotoFrameSet1 with SBA_SSStyles_Leather_6501_Brown;

VRA_SSAlpha_ThemePk_DashJelly letters

This is my entry. I still laugh every time I tell this story. She just looked liked she had given up trying to tell her teacher otherwise:

Journaling:

Miranda Vivian Bratcher grew up, from the moment she was born, being called Randi by her family and friends. When she went to preschool, her teachers called her Randi, and when she learned to write her name, "Randi" was what she was taught. When Randi entered kindergarten in September 1999, I, her mother, went to parent orientation. I noticed that all around the room, the teacher had put "Miranda" on her cubby, seat and hook. I introduced myself to the teacher, Mrs. Brown, and told her that we all called her Randi and that was the name she was taught to write. She wouldn't recognize Miranda and probably wouldn't respond to it. Mrs. Brown primly answered, "Well, it's my job to teach her, isn't it?" I let it go. A few weeks later Randi brought home papers she had colored and completed in school. Across the top in her child writing was "Miranda." I excitedly said, "Randi, did you write this across your page all by yourself?" and she shrugged as though she'd given up and said, "Yeah, my teacher seems to think my name's Miranda!" I laughed while trying to explain to her that her name was Miranda and about nicknames.

Scrapgirl products used:

School Time Collection Biggie

ScrapSimple Styles: Basic Shadows 6501

Ha ha! The same thing happened to me when I was little. My nickname until I was 22 years old was "Kelle" (pronounced Kelly.) When I was 8, my mom tried to fill me in that my REAL name is Mikelle. I didn't believe her for the longest time, and actually got mad about it.

Ha ha! The same thing happened to me when I was little. My nickname until I was 22 years old was "Kelle" (pronounced Kelly.) When I was 8, my mom tried to fill me in that my REAL name is Mikelle. I didn't believe her for the longest time, and actually got mad about it.

That's so funny, Mikelle. I guess parents don't think about how it confuses kids so much.

• 2 weeks later...

Post-wedding conversation I had with my son, regarding the contents of a gift basket we received...

Wilder: "What's this?" [Translation: Can I have it?]

Me: "What does it look like?"

Wilder: "I don't know..." [Translation: But can I have it anyway?]

Me: "What does it say it is on the label?"

Wilder: "Welches sparkling red grape juice cocktail non-alcoholic..."

[Translation: So... can I have it?]

Me: "Then that's probably what it is."

Wilder: "When are you going to drink it?"

[Translation: Why not let me have it right now? Why are you waiting?]

Me: "I don't know. Maybe later."

Wilder: "There's two bottles, you know."

[Translation: You could let me have this one, and still have one for yourself later.]

Me: "I know."

Wilder: "Who gave them to you?"

[Translation: I'm sure whoever it is wouldn't mind if you gave it to me. Your son.]

Me: "I don't know. They were wrapped with cards that said 'Cindy' and 'Shane', but didn't say anywhere who they were from."

Wilder: "Oh." [Translation: So.... can I have it?]

Me: "Is your room clean?"

Wilder: "Um, almost." [Translation: Time to leave.]

This is adorable! What a great way to do the journaling. Congrats on the well-deserved win. ;-)

Archived