Signature Graphic

StamperCat

I read a couple of threads on creating a signature graphic and made one. I uploaded it both to the signature gallery and my member gallery. I see it appears twice above the forum page...sorry. I then tried to add the link to it in my member settings, adding the tags before and after the URL as I read in a post, but I don't think the image shows up in my signature. What am I doing wrong?

I've had trouble getting all of the instructions from one place, too. So I tried to write up something that helps me. I think it's correct. I organized it from several pages with my scribbled notes on them as things changed. If something doesn't work, please let me know so that I can change it. HTH

Making One:

Start with a 3in x 3in, 300 dpi, transparent background canvas.

Resize it to 225 x225 pixals at 72 dpi.

Save it as a png file

Adding it to MB:

Upload it to the Siggie Gallery ( http://scrapgirls.com.ipbhost.com/index.php?app=gallery&module=cats&do=sc&cat=358)

Click on Share Image and copy the URL from the Image Link box

Go to your My Settings (top right corner of MB, down-arrow, My Settings)

Click on Profile in the horizontal purple menu line

Click on Change Signature in the vertical left purple menu

Click down in the message section (it should be at the very start. If you are changing a Siggie, delete the old one. It will start and end with .

Click on Insert Image in the message menu (button looks like a horizon scene10th one over, right before the envelope)

Right-click and Paste your new URL in the window that pops up.

Click on Insert Image in the pop-up (it should now go back to the Change Signature page).

Click on Save Changes at the bottom of the Change Signature page.

Your new siggie should now display at the top of the page.

First, your siggy is really cute. :)

Copy the "image link" to the right of your image in the gallery. I've included some screen shots I made a while ago.

Then an easy way to add it to your signature is to use the button that looks a bit like a sunset and paste your link into the pop-up window.

Hope that helps!

It is adorable! Could I ask you to reduce the size just a tad, please? I see from the gallery that it is 250x250 and it needs to be only 225x225 for your signature. We used to allow them at 250x250. If you found that number in the instructions somewhere, I'll need to do some searching and see if I can find that post and change it to the current 225x225.

• 1 year later...

I have another question, though, - why does my picture not show up when I post something?

You'll need to go to your profile page and click on the Edit My Profile button on the right side of the page. Then go to Change Avatar and follow the instructions. (This is different than your profile photo which shows on your profile page. Your avatar is what shows in posts) Just remember the image you upload can be no larger than 100 pixels x 100 pixels and 100 KB in size. HTH

• 6 months later...

I've had trouble getting all of the instructions from one place, too. So I tried to write up something that helps me. I think it's correct. I organized it from several pages with my scribbled notes on them as things changed. If something doesn't work, please let me know so that I can change it. HTH

Making One:

Start with a 3in x 3in, 300 dpi, transparent background canvas.

Resize it to 225 x225 pixals at 72 dpi.

Save it as a png file

Adding it to MB:

Upload it to the Siggie Gallery ( http://scrapgirls.com.ipbhost.com/index.php?app=gallery&module=cats&do=sc&cat=358)

Click on “Share Image” and copy the URL from the ‘Image Link’ box

Go to your ‘My Settings’ (top right corner of MB, down-arrow, My Settings)

Click on ‘Profile’ in the horizontal purple menu line

Click on ‘Change Signature‘ in the vertical left purple menu

Click down in the message section (it should be at the very start. If you are changing a Siggie, delete the old one. It will start and end with ‘’.

Click on ‘Insert Image’ in the message menu (button looks like a horizon scene—10th one over, right before the envelope)

Right-click and Paste your new URL in the window that pops up.

Click on ‘Insert Image’ in the pop-up (it should now go back to the Change Signature page).

Click on ‘Save Changes’ at the bottom of the Change Signature page.

Your new siggie should now display at the top of the page.

Hi, may I ask what software can i use for this one? I'm using craft artist and scrapbookmax.

Thanks.

I don't know about scrapbookmax, but you can sort of do it in craft artist, but it won't be easy and you won't be able to have a transparent back ground.

I have the Serif Craft Artist Platinum Edition, if you'd like I can work out some instructions for you.

I don't know about scrapbookmax, but you can sort of do it in craft artist, but it won't be easy and you won't be able to have a transparent back ground.

I have the Serif Craft Artist Platinum Edition, if you'd like I can work out some instructions for you.

Thank you Valerie, I really want to learn how to make a signature..i love the button thing and other design...thank u

Thank you Valerie, I really want to learn how to make a signature..i love the button thing and other design...thank u

I'll get to work on it and PM you the instructions, might be tomorrow my time (UK) before I get it to you.

I'll get to work on it and PM you the instructions, might be tomorrow my time (UK) before I get it to you.

Thank you so much for all your help.

Archived