Anyone Used Picaboo For Albums ? How To Resize 12x12 To 1280x1007 ?

Guest Trent's mom

Guest Trent's mom
I am new to digital scrapbooking and want to have my pages printed and bound in an album. I use PSE 4.0 and design my pages as 12x12. Has anyone used picaboo.com to print their albums hardcover ? They say they print at 300dpi and can do full bleed but want the page as 1280x1007 at 300dpi. How do I resize my 12x12 pages to 1280x1007 at 300 dpi ?

Thanks.

Guest Trent's mom
Thanks for your reply.

Sorry I wasn't very clear in my post. Picaboo prints at the 1280x1007 which is not 12 x 12. It comes out to an odd size - around 11 x 8.5. That is why I am trying to figure out if I can resize my 12 x 12 layouts to the 1280x1007 as I don't want to design 1280x 1007 just for picaboo. If you have any ideas I'd love your input.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest pammcgraw
[quote name='Trent' post='55986' date='Aug 11 2006, 08:05 PM']I am new to digital scrapbooking and want to have my pages printed and bound in an album. I use PSE 4.0 and design my pages as 12x12. Has anyone used picaboo.com to print their albums hardcover ? They say they print at 300dpi and can do full bleed but want the page as 1280x1007 at 300dpi. How do I resize my 12x12 pages to 1280x1007 at 300 dpi ?

Thanks.[/quote]

Hi, I am a consultant for an on-line publishing company that takes your digital (or non-digital) work and creates exceptionally beautiful "coffee table" hardbound books. The name of the company is Heritage Makers and you can check it out at heritagemakers.com. Please let me know if this is something that you are interested - as a client or as a consultant! I am going to Arizona this weekend for their yearly conference where new products will be launched. I can't wait!

Pam McGraw

PS U can create 12x12 books, 8x8 and 5x5 very easily!

• 3 months later...
The only way to meet their requirements without distorting your layouts is to resize to 1280x1280, then crop one side to 1007. Unless you regularly leave big gaping borders at the top or bottom of your layouts, it doesn't sound like this is the best option for you. Conversely, you could resize to 1007x1007 and drag your layout into a new 1280x1007 image, leaving white space either on each side of the layout or on one side.

You would have to resize your 12x12 layouts to 8x8. They really don't look bad, but like SRC Gina says, you will have white space above and below your layout. Try printing an 8x8 on your printer at home and you will see how it looks.

• 1 month later...
Yes, I've used picaboo, but I knew I was going to use them from the beginning, so I made all my LO's in 11 X 8.5 to begin with. I also made 22 X 8.5 for double-spread.

The hard part with making the LO's this size is that they do trim the pages during the binding process. I have an entire e-mail they sent me on this subject if you need more detailed information.

I was relatively pleased with the quality of the book; however, if you're a perfectionist (like me), you'll want to know more before you print.

Archived