2 replies to this topic

#1 needmath

needmath

Scrapper Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 09:09 AM

I've been creating mostly in 12x12 and plan on reducing for printing. I currently save as a psd (huge file) and I also resize and save for posting. Should I reduce to 8x8 and save as jpg and not bother with the psd?

Thanks in advance.

#2 LissaD

LissaD

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Design Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 09:31 AM

I don'd know about people who send their LOs for printing, but I create in 12x12, save as full size PSD then as full size JPG and then reduce for web posting. I also print at 8x8, but I just choose 8x8 as the print size, or fit to print (closer to 8.25 x8.25) on an 8.5 by 11 page. It has worked really well not to have to save in a variety of different sizes. I could really choose to print then in any size smaller than 12x12, without resaving.

If you are sending your files out to print..... I don't know if they require exact sizes or if you could just order the size you want kind of like photos.
Happy Scrapping,
Melissa Renfro

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

view My Collections in the Boutique

#3 Betsy

Betsy

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,600 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 11:01 AM

I always hold onto my original, layered PS files. Yes, they are HUGE. But, you never know when you're going to want to change something - you spot a typo, for example, or realize the drop shadow on an element is way too dark, or something like that.

If you're paying to get them printed, you want the file to be as perfect as you can make it, you know? You'll probably want the flexibility of having your layered files still intact.

I save everything to DVDs - layouts, web images, photos, kits, etc. It's good to get in the habit of backing everything up, then you can free up harddrive space.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users