Organizing Software And Iphoto Question

Christine M.

Two questions for you ladies. I am trying to reorganize my supplies so that I can more easily find things. I always keep collections and kits together in a folder based on provider (company) and collection name. But I would also like to split them up into papers, embellishments, alphas, etc. I thought I would do this using keywords in either iPhoto or Adobe Browser. I like iPhoto because the thumbnails are large and easy to see. The problem is, when I import png files, the background of the thumbnail is black, so I often can't even see the file, especially brush and stamp files. Does anyone know how to change the background color of png files in iPhoto? And if not, does anyone have opinions on Adobe Browser? I am working on a MacBook with Mac OS 10 (leopard) and PSE 6 for Mac.

I don't know how Macs work, but Windows has its own tagging system in Photo Gallery -- does Mac's platform have something like that? OR there are other programs, like Picasa or ACDSee where you can tag files. Picasa is free, ACDSee is under $60. Not sure if they have a Mac version, but it would be worth looking into. There are many Mac users here at SG, so hopefully someone more helpful will be along shortly!

Archived