Discovered Something New!

mimes1

I'm using CS4 - and I was making a shadow. I hadn't yet clicked ok on the styles box and I grabbed the moved tool to adjust where my embellishment was. Lo and Behold, my shadow moved, not the emb itself!! Who Knew! I practiced around and sure enough, if I have the styles box open, before I commit to an OK, I can grab that move tool and move just my shadow where ever I want it!

You know I'm a nerd when this makes my day; :wacko:

That's the kind of thing that would make my day too, Amy - Rich calls me the house geek! But he said the other day that my "geekdom" was slipping since I couldn't figure out how to do something he needed done from the department - it was in some kind of code (not really, but done in a program I had never heard of) and i couldn't figure it out, so guess I'm losing my title around here.

This works in PSE too! However, it's not very useful in the later versions, because the later versions use universal settings for shadow angle. I believe PSE 4 and 5 only will let you uncheck universal shadow angle.

However, if you're only changing distance it's useful.

This works in PSE too! However, it's not very useful in the later versions, because the later versions use universal settings for shadow angle. I believe PSE 4 and 5 only will let you uncheck universal shadow angle.

However, if you're only changing distance it's useful.

I didn't know you could uncheck the universal shadow angle setting in PSE 5.....now I must go test it out!

When I was using PSE 4, I used that technique to create a shadow on its own layer. I would duplicate my element with a shadow style applied, then I would move the shadow of one of the layers way out my way, and simplify. Then I'd take my rectangular marquee tool, select the element from which I moved the shadow and deleted it, leaving only the shadow. Then I could move it around and manipulate it as I liked.

I don't really use it any more, in PSE 6, because it messes all my other shadows up. I use an action. Which works just as well, just a couple extra mouse clicks.

When I was using PSE 4, I used that technique to create a shadow on its own layer. I would duplicate my element with a shadow style applied, then I would move the shadow of one of the layers way out my way, and simplify. Then I'd take my rectangular marquee tool, select the element from which I moved the shadow and deleted it, leaving only the shadow. Then I could move it around and manipulate it as I liked.

I don't really use it any more, in PSE 6, because it messes all my other shadows up. I use an action. Which works just as well, just a couple extra mouse clicks.

Brilliant!!!

Archived