My Email Has Been Hacked I Use Aol And Need Help To Change My Password

bjc

my email is sending out to my address book emails about some drugs.... i need to change my password ..i use aol..when i go to the instructions for changing my password it asks me a security question..name of pet...i have never ever had a pet and dont know what to answer...so i tried a few things but they dont work..then i clicked on forgot answer but then it asks me to tell it about my phone number and last 4 digits of credit card i used to use ( cause now aol is free and many years ago when i first set it up you had to pay) but who would know that...maybe dont even have that card now....so i am stuck..any ideas!!!????? thanks for any help

Hey Bobbi, I wondered what was up with that! Send me an email with your new email address and I will get it taken care of for you.

Bobbi, so happy that Dee is going to take care of this for you - been there, done that and I was so uncomfortable when my email was hacked into - it took me a long time to get it all worked out - hope Dee can fix this for you - she's very knowledgeable about these things so I am sure that she can take care of it.

If you want to keep your current AOL account and just change your password, try calling their customer service.

You should probably let them know your account was hacked, anyway.

We had a weird situation with AOL a few years ago and had to talk to customer service. It took a while to get a real person, but it was worth it.

You might be better off with a gmail account, though.

Well, mine was my Mac account and supposed to be one of the hardest to hack - but........it was and it really hurt me in a lot of ways - mine was more than just hacking - I had people sending emails from my .Me account and it took law enforcement to put a stop to it -

I had AOL years ago and had so much trouble with it - and my Dad had it too and when he wanted to drop them and go with another account it took us months to get them to no longer bill him for it and I mean phone call after phone call where they just left me hanging on for hours at a time - finally took a letter to them to put a stop to it. Don't know if AOL still charges for it but they did then.

I pay for me Mac account and did it just for the reason that it is supposed to be very difficult to hack into - but there are some smart hackers out there!

Hope you get it taken care of soon.

seems like it is fine now...i have had aol for year...in the beg you had to pay but not now...and i hadnt had any problems...so i am sticking with it so dont have the hassle of changing things...hope it will be fine now..and thanks for all your posts

• 1 month later...

Archived