Extended Vs Full Version

JACookie

I have photoshop 7 and am interested in upgrading to CS4 or CS5. Can I just buy the extended version or will it not upgrade on my PS7? Will I have to buy the full version? Any suggestions on which one (4 or 5) to purchase would be helpful too:]

Thanks,

I think you are referring to the upgrade version rather than the extended version. The extended version of Photoshop has more capabilities than the standard version. The last version you could upgrade from Photoshop 7 was CS3. With each new edition, the qualifying upgrade goes up one edition as well. Most places don't sell older versions of Adobe software and some that do are selling products with hacked registration numbers. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!

I purchased Photoshop CS4 Suite last year for a class I was taking at the college. It was fairly "new" to the market then and already CS5 has come out. The consenses of my professors at the college (using CS3 still) found CS4 to have a few "issues". I found this to be true too of CS4. My thoughts are if you are choosing between the two - go with CS5. It does have some amazing new features. Take a look at it online at Adobe.com Good Luck!

Archived