#1 Matadors and a Princess

Matadors and a Princess

Good Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Personal Statement:Loving life!

Posted 11 November 2010 - 04:17 PM

So I'm snapping away with the camera and trying different poses and all...and when I get the pictures on the computer I found that the one I liked best for lighting was the one pose she wasn't able to do well. I had her on her tummy, but she just couldn't hold her head in a good position, so I rolled her over on her back. So these two shots were within a minute or so of each other, exact same backgrounds and lighting, only difference was her position and mine. Light is natural, coming from a glass door to the outside (on my right) and a skylight (on my left, behind and above me).

So why does the one where she can't hold up her head look so much better than the one on her back?Attached File  2010 09 26_3343.jpg   92.97KB   9 downloadsAttached File  2010 09 26_3342.jpg   95.72KB   9 downloads

#2 Shari PV Mom

Shari PV Mom

Inspired by everything Scrap Girls!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,454 posts
  • Personal Statement:Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting so get on your way! ~ Dr. Seuss

Posted 11 November 2010 - 04:30 PM

The lighting is actually probably the same but you just can't really tell because the shadow is falling on her dark hair. Also ... is the camera located in the same place? This looks like the camera is facing her from the side (on the tummy photo) and from the top (on the back photo). Is that right? That could be your difference as well. You could try crossing her arms in front of her and propping her face up on them either looking forward or to the side. Many babies don't stay that way long though so you need to have your camera ready (on a tripod works great) and be quick. It's a really cute and popular pose for baby photos. You can also bring some brightness into the photo during your editing process.

Cute baby, by the way! :D
Posted Image Posted Image

#3 Matadors and a Princess

Matadors and a Princess

Good Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Personal Statement:Loving life!

Posted 13 November 2010 - 05:23 AM

Thanks, Shari. I'll try that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic