3 replies to this topic

#1 Dotted

Dotted

Good Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 07:53 PM

I finally have the time and hard drive space to recover from my dual hard drive failure that happened over a year ago. Laptop hard drive and external backup died at about the same time (the laptop then died shortly after). What i've discovered is that many of my zip files that I did backup are corrupted and I have lost several files because of it. So just as a suggestion to others. Back up your unzipped files. I wish I would have.

on a happier note. I am very close to getting done and will have a much better backup setup in place.
Then I can really Scrap!
Dotted
-Gringa in Mexico

#2 KFiasco

KFiasco

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,249 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 08:15 PM

I just got Mozy and am backing everything up now.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 Pab

Pab

Super Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,908 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 10:32 PM

Yes I have backblaze and love it. I have a 1TB hard drive and 4 EHD's and it will back them all up! So I backup my backups! It's great insurance for $5 a month.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#4 Dotted

Dotted

Good Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 10:39 PM

Mozy won't work for me quite yet since I'm currently sorting over 4T (yep T not Gb) of files. I can't imagine trying to back up all that off 8 external hard drives (with currently slow internet). I've been collecting for years. I'm trying to dejunk now. I've got more duplicates I think than originals! lol. But I think I got it figured out on how to tackle it. I had thought at the time that backing up zips was the way to go and save space. But it's easier to loose a few regular corrupted files than to loose a whole kit due to a corrupt zip.
Dotted
-Gringa in Mexico

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users