Photo Sharpening Software

SandiC.

Topaz labs has released a new program that sharpens photos using different algorithms than photoshop does and does an amazing job of sharpening fuzzy photos. Not perfectly but much better than what current capabilities are. Its called Topaz InFOCUS. There is a free trial and introductory price offer too. Not sure if its ok to post a link here so you'll have to search topaz labs, but I'm sure you'll get there. I'm going to get it and play with it. Once I have something to show you I'll post a before and after.

Sandy I just tried the trial version of InFocus on pictures as old as 80 years ago and discolored slides which I had scanned into Photoshop. I was able to sharpen the pictures even more than with Photoshop CS5. I'm quite impressed with this product and will probably purchase this (the large discount is also a deciding factor LOL) I seem to be working on a lot of books lately which require old pictures and this just fits the bill perfectly. Thank you for posting this item! I'd be interested in seeing your results with Topaz InFocus.

Wow - it looks marvelous! Their other products look great too. Does anyone have any experience with them?

The noise reduction software is supposed to be the best in the business, heard lots of pro photographers at Photoshop World touting it. Seems like Topaz is on the ball..

The more I see of some of these PS plugins, the more impressed I am with the technology and creativity of those who learn to use them well.

:D I just showed it to my sweetie and he said, "But it now. " So I will.

Downloading now. Can't wait to try it. Some of their other plugins look great too. I'm thinking about deJPEG...that would be great for photos from family posted on FB and taken with a cell phone. One at a time though.

Archived