Needing A New Book

scraphappen

I like all sorts of books but I especially like mysteries that have some humour to them. Janet Evanovich(sp?), strohmeyer(sp?) those are great. I did read time travelers wife and that was sooo good. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm kind of stuck. I went to the local book store and nothing caught my eye. Need to go to library or something with bigger selection maybe.

Any recommendations would be great.

I recently finished Dean Koontz, Brother Odd. It was scary but funny too. I'm going to hunt down the first two Odd Thomas books as soon as I finish Breaking Dawn (not very homorous.) Dean Koontz is one of my favorite writers.

I just finished the last book in a 5-book "The Newpointe 911 Series" by Terri Blackstock. These mysteries were so gripping I could not wait to get my hands on the next in the series! I also love anything by Debbie Macomber. She really knows how to build a character.

I love the books by Suzanne Enoch. (Not the historical ones.) They are about a cat thief and a rich English Lord. Very funny.

Then I also loved Toni McGee Causey. There is a series of 4 books. Charmed and Dangerous is the first one. I have read these books over and over again. The heroin is so funny. Just like Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum, only 10 times worse.

I of course love J D Robb's In Death series. I have read the first one, Naked in Death, 26 times and I listened to it on my I Pod. I love it. This is my favourite book. I just love Roarke and Eve. (The main characters)

Enjoy.

I love the China Bayles series by Susan Whiting Albert. Good mysteries, fun characters, good family and friends, interesting tidbits about herbs and recipes, hunky guy. Local color of the Texas hill country, small town shenanigans. Not too much of the scary thrills, but enough to get you on the edge of the seat for a bit.

When you say mysteries with humor, I think of Carl Hiaasen. His books have crime and mystery, a good dose of humor, lighthearted commentary on popular culture, and a little bit of romance. His latest three are Skinny Dip (2004), Nature Girl (2006), and Star Island (2010). I've read and enjoyed the first two, and will probably get Star Island soon.

I know these books have a bit of mystery to them, but I wouldn't call them mysteries....But I absolutely love this series and now have my mother and sister hooked. The Elm Creek Quilters by Jennifer Chiaverini are addictive and a great read. The Quilter's Apprentice is the first one. I also love anything by Debbie Macomber, like Lei said.

I love Mary Higgins Clark's mystery stories. But they aren't humorous. When I was a young mom and would get Mary's latest book, I'd sit it where I could see it and then hurry like crazy to get all my work done and caught up before I started reading it, because I knew that once I started reading I'd never be able to put it down. So that was my way of letting myself have a day or two to just read. I did that for several of her books.

Great thread I also love Janet Evanowich! Have you read her other stories, Motor Mouth (Barney is main charatcter) Metro Girl! and she has a new one out called Wicked Appetite (Diesel and Bob the Monkey are in it LOL)!

She is one of my favorite authors. I missed that there was a new one. Will also go in my cart. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

I am currently reading "Decision Points" by George Bush - it's quite a book - very interesting read.

Just going to go online and buy it...thought I would get it for Christmas but got $$$ instead :)

Archived