Anybody Using Sbc Studio?

I have it for the PC so I am not sure of the differences between it and the Mac. But I can try to help with anything I can. Just pm me, not many around here use it. I have PSE8 also and love them both.

I'm new here, but I really don't like the new sbcStudio but really want to like it because I have mac (using Storybook3.0 on parallels and would like to stop doing that).. so any help would be appreciated, such as why can't I use my arrow buttons to move my items around, etc.

I use sbcStudio and really, really like it. How can I help you? And I live in Oklahoma City. Where are you?

The arrow keys are not functional right now. You can use the align feature under Arrange tab or the rulers from the inspector window until the update for the arrows comes out. There is a huge learning curve even for seasoned MAC users and current SBC+ users which I'm sure you know. I like having more control.

I joined this forum because I googled for sbcStudio forum and this site was the first one on the list!..Yes I am new to sbcStudio and playing and learning as I go...the arrow keys do not work yet but if you go to the inspector panel ..under graphics icon you will find the four coordinates top bottom left right and use the up and down arrow to put the element precisely where you would like on the page. Also on the main screen just under the trolley icon on the top left you will find a section in a line where you can change a few things like the position, change angle, and other options (but only if you have a particular element selected)...hope this helps!

Yes this helps, I am really surprised that the arrows doesn't work because in all graphic art software, it is one of the most used keys and sbcStudio is a graphic art software. And I like to use the keys much as possible. So I hope that in the next update, that will be fixed and soon.

Maybe you can help with this one: when I select, maybe 3 photos that is lined up the way I want it. I would copy and paste it. The new ones would not be lined up as it was before. It would be on top of each other.

Thanks

Hi! I'm brand new to the board and this is my first post. I'm anxious to get hints and tips from fellow users of SBC Studio. I am a CM consultant, and right now, I'm not convinced that I'd want to sell this software to my customers.

I am quite good at SBC+ for the PC and am also quite familiar with the Mac platform, but still find myself struggling with SBC Studio. Part of it is a learning curve, but some of the things are just annoying--things that should be simple to do aren't. Photo editing doesn't seem to be intuitive. Once you cut a photo with any of the cutting tools, it apparently can't be shadowed anymore. I miss being able to do more complex matting of photos. Once you flatten something, there are still residual things that are "unflat"; and once it's flattened, it doesn't become an element that I can use the stroke command around. Undo seems unpredictable to me.

Anyone else finding similar things, or have found workarounds?

I have been using studio for several days and pretty much like it. Agree with arrows. CM, We NEED THEM. The other work around I have had to do is shadows. Are you getting a gray box so you can't shadow elements? Work around takes a few more steps.

Copy the element. On effects menu Change the color to black and white and add another effect for gaussian blur. Then move it below the first element.

While not ideal, it is still very doable.

We also need to send emails to CM (their site, contact at the bottom) and click on "suggestions" or something like that, I don't have it open.

I think I am just about ready to move away from Fusion and PC. I have made jpgs of all my pages in prior story books. and have exported to iphoto a lot of the elements.

I'm so glad there is a forum here to talk about it. Have fun. Liz

• 2 months later...

Hi! I am a moderator of a FB group that helps people with Studio and I will tell you that sbcStudio is buggy and I do have some workarounds for the posts above. If they're still needed, I'm happy to explain them.

That being said, an update will come out tomorrow, I've heard. So maybe some of these issues will be resolved already!!

• 7 months later...

Hi to all the girls using SBC studio and Story Book... I am currently using story book.. and have just decided to purchase a MAC thinking that it would be easy to make the decision about still using CM on my new Mac.. Did not realize that I would not be able to use SB on my mac without having to purchase parallels at $80 and a windows operating program at $200.00 So here is my question.. should I do this or should I start over by purchasing SBC studio from CM.. But from what I am reading there are problems with this program, Plus there are not as many options either.. To boot my CM consultant has no idea on how to use the SBC studio.. NEED SOME ADVICE..

Hi! I am a moderator of a FB group that helps people with Studio and I will tell you that sbcStudio is buggy and I do have some workarounds for the posts above. If they're still needed, I'm happy to explain them.

That being said, an update will come out tomorrow, I've heard. So maybe some of these issues will be resolved already!!

Is this worth it? Or am I better to just keep using my StoryBook on MAC???

Hi! I'm brand new to the board and this is my first post. I'm anxious to get hints and tips from fellow users of SBC Studio. I am a CM consultant, and right now, I'm not convinced that I'd want to sell this software to my customers.

I am quite good at SBC+ for the PC and am also quite familiar with the Mac platform, but still find myself struggling with SBC Studio. Part of it is a learning curve, but some of the things are just annoying--things that should be simple to do aren't. Photo editing doesn't seem to be intuitive. Once you cut a photo with any of the cutting tools, it apparently can't be shadowed anymore. I miss being able to do more complex matting of photos. Once you flatten something, there are still residual things that are "unflat"; and once it's flattened, it doesn't become an element that I can use the stroke command around. Undo seems unpredictable to me.

Anyone else finding similar things, or have found workarounds?

I have not even purchased the system and my consultant has no idea on how it works.. She actually said I should teach her once I am using it.. I do love her but I am concerned about even getting this version.. or just opting to stay with storybook and running parallels on my mac.. Do you have any suggestions being a consultant who uses both.. Also have alot of money invested already in story book..

Hi, Luluscrapbee. I'd have to say that right now I wouldn't invest in sbcSTudio. We just had a situation where no one was able to use the program for a whole week since someone let the software licenses expire and therefore the program was bricked. There are still numerous problems with the software and SBC+ is right now a very much better option for you. However, I am running a virtual machine on my Mac too and I cry with how slow it is. There hasn't been an update to the program since March and the issues we're dealing with have been issues since the software was released 11 months ago.

I am a consultant that uses both. I think I'm going to have to go back to having a PC laptop to take to shows because I don't want my potential customers to think that SBC+ runs slowly on a PC. It doesn't when it's actually on a PC, but it sure does in my virtual machine!

You can export your content from SBC+, but you have to export each piece as an individual jpg or png file and then bring it in to sbcStudio.

You can check out how to scrap on mac on facebook for more discussion about sbcStudio and hints and tips. I've even made quite a few videos to help people learn how to use it. Maybe you can watch those so you can help your clients if they choose to buy sbcSTudio.

It's funny that you just sent me this email. This morning I just recieved an email from my consultant which came from CM stating that they are trying to fix all of their issues with SBC and hope to have most issues resovlved by December.

I think at this time I am keeping my Storybook and will just purchase a windows operating system to run with parallels on my MAC.. I will never be going back to a PC.. I've read that running these two programs I will be able to run all of my CM programs in the PC mode..

Thanks for your feedback.. Maybe in the next several years if CM can get their act together I may consider switching to the SBC program..

Hi, Luluscrapbee. I'd have to say that right now I wouldn't invest in sbcSTudio. We just had a situation where no one was able to use the program for a whole week since someone let the software licenses expire and therefore the program was bricked. There are still numerous problems with the software and SBC+ is right now a very much better option for you. However, I am running a virtual machine on my Mac too and I cry with how slow it is. There hasn't been an update to the program since March and the issues we're dealing with have been issues since the software was released 11 months ago.

I am a consultant that uses both. I think I'm going to have to go back to having a PC laptop to take to shows because I don't want my potential customers to think that SBC+ runs slowly on a PC. It doesn't when it's actually on a PC, but it sure does in my virtual machine!

You can export your content from SBC+, but you have to export each piece as an individual jpg or png file and then bring it in to sbcStudio.

You can check out how to scrap on mac on facebook for more discussion about sbcStudio and hints and tips. I've even made quite a few videos to help people learn how to use it. Maybe you can watch those so you can help your clients if they choose to buy sbcSTudio.

From what I understand from Apple to run the CM program on windows.. The best way to do it is to run Windows operating program on the Mac in addition to parallels which will allow you to run both operating systems at the same time.. I've talked to their tech people several times now in regards to this.. I will be doing that this weekend. I will let you know how it works..

I have VM Fusion, which allows me to have both OSs up at the same time. It's just infuriatingly slow. I move an element. Wait a minute. Move another element. Wait. It takes FOREVER for SBC3.0 to load, even longer for Artisan or 4.0. I have a call to tech support.

Yes, let me know how Parallels goes for you. :)

• 1 month later...

I'm using sbc Studio, and I'm wondering if anyone has ever had this problem: every time there is an update on the computer, I try to open sbc Studio, and it won't open. The icon bounces a lot, and the computer thinks it's open (I have to go to force quit to get out), but it never actually opens. My husband has reinstalled the operating system every time this happens, but that is quickly getting old. Has anyone else dealt with this?!

Archived