How To Blend Picture Into A Layer

Monika13

I extracted the face out of the picture and placed it over the paper layer. I used the eraser to get the detail close to the face out. I lowered the opacity to blend it together into the paper. However the edges of the extracted face still look kind of rough and don't blend in right. How do I make the extraction blend in better?

I have two other ideas you can try too. First, use a feather on the extract of the face when you do it. That gives you a soft edge to work with to begin with (sometimes that makes it better, sometimes not, lol, but worth a try.) The other thing I do sometimes is to duplicate the extract and then use blending with that layer as well till I get the look I want. I usually start by trying the same blending mode first, then play with them all plus the opacity.

Oooh oooh .... try Brandy's Background Blenders! She has them for papers AND for photos..

For photos....

Background Blenders 1

Background Blenders 2

I used the background blenders (1) for this layout....i see myself. It was in the newsletter on Nov 15 along with a short tutorial ... Nov 15 newsletter

Hope that helps!

also I put another bkgd layer over the photo and lower the opacity (by lowering the opacity temporairly you can see where your photo is and how much erasing you want to do) and use the eraser tool I erase the new layer to show the photo through.

Thanks Brandie for pointing out the tutorial as I will make use of that in the near future.

Archived