Picture Keeper - Any Feedback...

Looks like just a simple flash drive to me. At Best Buy for example, you can by an 8 G flash drive (which would hold 8,000 1 MB photos) for as little as 16.99 and a 16 G for as little as 32.99. The Picture Keeper may have some kind of simple software on it, but I don't think it would be necessary, especially when you are looking at $59.99 and $99.99 for their product. Clever niche marketing though.

I just checked my photo file. I have 28 G. I do have a good deal of them backed up to DVDs but I have Mozy too so that is another form of backup.

I'd love to hear from our computer gurus about how reliable, long term, flash drives are considered to be.

Yes at first I thought the same thing...but you can purchase the software from them (29.99) and format any external hard drive....I have 55 G of scrapbooking supplies and pictures. I just heard back from support and you can format it to find any type of files....anymore thoughts from anyone?

Looks like just a simple flash drive to me. At Best Buy for example, you can by an 8 G flash drive (which would hold 8,000 1 MB photos) for as little as 16.99 and a 16 G for as little as 32.99. The Picture Keeper may have some kind of simple software on it, but I don't think it would be necessary, especially when you are looking at $59.99 and $99.99 for their product. Clever niche marketing though.

I just checked my photo file. I have 28 G. I do have a good deal of them backed up to DVDs but I have Mozy too so that is another form of backup.

I'd love to hear from our computer gurus about how reliable, long term, flash drives are considered to be.

I just purchased and downloaded Picture Keeper. It was super easy to format my own hard drive that will be dedicated to this purpose only. I had over 40,000 files and it found and back up all of them in less than one hour. I unplugged my hard drive, downloaded a couple of things to add to my stash to try out the program...plugged it back in, started Picture Keeper and viola! It found them and back up just the new stuff! LOVE IT - One time fee for software and hard drive - no monthly fees

• 3 weeks later...

Archived