Windows 7 And Photoshop Cs3 ?

A-M

I am thinking about buying a new laptop with Windows 7 so am wanting to make sure that my CS3 can be used on it. I think my PSE6 won't work with Windows 7 from what I once read but that is okay as I don't use it much.

Thanks for anyone who replies.

I have Win 7 Ultimate and every software program that I had on my Vista computer works fine. If you get Win 7 Home Premium, it doesn't have the compatibility feature, so IMHO it's worth upgrading to Ultimate so that you know all your current software will work (like PSE6).

I have Win 7 Ultimate and every software program that I had on my Vista computer works fine. If you get Win 7 Home Premium, it doesn't have the compatibility feature, so IMHO it's worth upgrading to Ultimate so that you know all your current software will work (like PSE6).

Jennifer thanks for this tip. Would "professional" be the same as Ultimate?

• 3 months later...

No they are different, but I think Professional has the compatibility feature also. (Sorry it took me three months to reply -- I didn't subscribe to this thread and just noticed this reply!!) :)

Jennifer, thanks for coming back and replying. I did buy the laptop and my CS3 works fine on it. Have not used it much but will be next week when my husband and I head off for a little holiday in our caravan.

I have a desktop computer and just wanted the laptop for when we travel.

Thanks again.

Archived