Major Picasa Issue Solved

DDecker

It has been driving me crazy that I have been unable to see all my photos and SG stuff on my network drive by Picasa on either my Desktop or Laptop unless I had the drive directly connected to either computer. I just googled it and found an answer.

The issue - network drive does not show under the Add folder to Picasa tool

The fix - go to Tools>Options. On the General Tab change "save imported pictures in: browse to your network drive and click OK. The file will now show in your watched files in the Folder Manager. Do this on each computer.

The bonus is of course is that when I take photos off the camera now they go to the network drive. :) Saves me an additional step of copying them.

*It may take a bit to create the log, especially if the file is large like mine is.

Dee, thanks for the tip - I got really tired of dealing with Picassa for photos and so now I download all my pics to IPhoto - it works out best for me and I simply can drag the photo to the layout on which I am working - I know Picassa is powerful and extremely useful for many things but it just drove me nuts trying to do all I wanted it to do - maybe I will give your "fix" a try now. Thanks for letting us know.

I actually went and checked that one out, and it makes sense.

But my question is: what's a network drive? I've had to pull most of my photos off my laptop (on an EHD and another computer and Mozyed). But I need to track down what I want to scrap each time...

A network drive therefore sounds intriguing.

Nancy

I actually went and checked that one out, and it makes sense.

But my question is: what's a network drive? I've had to pull most of my photos off my laptop (on an EHD and another computer and Mozyed). But I need to track down what I want to scrap each time...

A network drive therefore sounds intriguing.

Nancy

There are a few different ways you could have a network drive.

1. wireless network in your home that links computers together - you have to set this up along with what is shared between computers, each computer that is attached can be a network drive. (mine are all connected)

2. Window's 7 homegroup - this is another type of network that typically works through wireless and it a snap to set up between computers, even lets you print from another computer (all connected)

3. Wireless EHD - this is my network drive. It's a Western Digital 1T drive that all my computers are connected to and holds my 1st run back up as well. (have redundant back up drive too)

4. Playstations, Wii's and Xboxes connected to a TV can be connected to a computer, this is cool for showing photos and layouts as your TV becomes a digital frame so to speak. I can also listen to music on my ehd through my surround bar. great for parties.

5. A separate computer that is set up as a server

Archived